Thanks Thanks:  29
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: low SDCCH drop in huawei

Member Reputation: 17

Default Re: low SDCCH drop in huawei

The main reason is that in Huawei you can configure all 6 time slots to SDCCH on Main BCCH TRX unlike NSN and e*******. Configuring SD timeslots on BCCH TRX improves the SD drop rate especially in remote cells.

Member Reputation: 28

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

AOA people i have already done detail working on Huawei SDR and NSN SDR. My observations are as below.

1. There is 1 parameter that people on this thread have already mentioned. That parameter stop the counter pegging. If that parameter is set as genuine then normally on a mature network huawei SDR is around .5 and .6.

2. Now the other problem is why NSN SD Drop is very high. The problem is with the shit nokia product team. They are also pegging drop in release phase. Like you have send an SMS after sending system need to clear the resources but if that procedure is not completed and T200(N+1) timer expire NSN consider it as a drop call. This problem is in both counters SDCCH RADIO FAIL and SDCCH ABIS FAIL. Where as these drops huawei and E******* dont consider as a drop call. This is why NSN SD Drop Rate is always higher as compared to any other vender. If someone has confusion he can email me on hassan.attique@gmail.com. I have detail about everything. Even NSN care team is agreed on my point they are pegging Sd Drop that are even not user impacting.

Br,s
    Hassan Atique

Member Reputation: 419

Quote Originally Posted by hassan.attique View Post
    AOA people i have already done detail working on Huawei SDR and NSN SDR. My observations are as below.1. There is 1 parameter that people on this thread have already mentioned. That parameter stop the counter pegging. If that parameter is set as genuine then normally on a mature network huawei SDR is around .5 and .6.2. Now the other problem is why NSN SD Drop is very high. The problem is with the shit nokia product team. They are also pegging drop in release phase. Like you have send an SMS after sending system need to clear the resources but if that procedure is not completed and T200(N+1) timer expire NSN consider it as a drop call. This problem is in both counters SDCCH RADIO FAIL and SDCCH ABIS FAIL. Where as these drops huawei and E******* dont consider as a drop call. This is why NSN SD Drop Rate is always higher as compared to any other vender. If someone has confusion he can email me on hassan.attique@gmail.com. I have detail about everything. Even NSN care team is agreed on my point they are pegging Sd Drop that are even not user impacting.Br,sHassan Atique
    Dear Hassan,For Huawei is not related to that parameter I tested even for aggresive value no visible change.In E// we have same counter and we tested same result.For NSN u r right but that's just one reason

Member Reputation: 341

Quote Originally Posted by beniy View Post
    Dear Hassan,For Huawei is not related to that parameter I tested even for aggresive value no visible change.In E// we have same counter and we tested same result.For NSN u r right but that's just one reason
    Please could you provide us some usefull documentation ?
    I'm very interested about this argument.
    Thanks in advance.

Member Reputation: 109

hi All,

I have found the hidden BSC parameter DelaySendFailIndtoMSIP in Huawei BSC 6900 R13. its name is changed now.
    its available in the BSC OTHSOFTPARA and name is BSCRESERVEDPARA17. following is a brief description of its functionality. kindly add REP and Thanks.

MO Parameter ID MML Command BIT Meaning Default Value Impact on Radio Network Performance
    OTHSOFTPARA BSCRESERVEDPARA17 SET OTHSOFTPARA Bit15 Whether the BSC sends a Clear Request message to the MSC with a 6s delay after receiving a Connect Failure, Error Indication, or Release Indication message from the BTS.
    0: The BSC sends a Clear Request message to the MSC with a 6s delay after receiving a Connect Failure, Error Indication, or Release Indication message from the BTS.
    1: The BSC sends a Clear Request message to the MSC immediately after receiving a Connect Failure, Error Indication, or Release Indication message from the BTS.
    0 If this parameter is set to 1, the values of the counters Call Drop Rate on SDCCH, Call Drop Rate on TCH per cell(including Handover), and Call Drop Rate on TCH per cell(Excluding Handover) increase.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airian; 2013-06-18 at 10:19 PM

Member Reputation: 22

hi,
    please to check if the location update is included in Drop SDCCH huawei formula !
    in our case, huawei R&D confirme that it included but after trace check, we dont find it
    BR

Member Reputation: 50

Dear All,

In fact we face the same problem and below the explanation

CM30 not counted for “ciphering mode reject: cause radio interface failure”, in the BSC counter mechanism, only count “Clear Request” sent by BSC and the major problem is that the BSCHU is configured to send clear request after 6s from receiving “Error indication” or ”Connection failure”. But we found that before BSC sending “Clear request”, the MSC already sent “Clear Command”, so the BSC will not send Clear Request anymore, so this case will not be counted as SD drop.
    This 6s timer will be stopped by message(such as MSC clear command) or be expired after 6s. When the timer is expire, BSC will report clear request to MSC and call drop will be counted in BSC.

A switch determines whether to start the Timer. This timer does not take effect if the most significant bit of Reserved parameter 17 is set to 1 (that is, Reserved parameter 17 is set to 32768 : SET OTHSOFTPARA command to set Reserved parameter 17 as required.

BR,
    Last edited by fahmi; 2015-01-08 at 08:21 PM Reason: CM30 not counted for “ciphering mode reject: cause radio interface failure”, in the BSC counter mechanism, only count “Clear Request” sent by BSC and the major problem is that the BSCHU is configured