Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can we control the distance where a Subscriber can camp in a cell UMTS - E******* W10

Member Reputation: 81

Default Can we control the distance where a Subscriber can camp in a cell UMTS - E******* W10

Hi Gurus

I have a question regarding how to control the access to a cell of distance users.. denied the access to a cell.

Thanks for the assistance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 72

Default Re: Can we control the distance where a Subscriber can camp in a cell UMTS - E*******

"Cell Radius" parameter can be used to set the distance to provide coverage.

Member Reputation: 37

Default Re: Can we control the distance where a Subscriber can camp in a cell UMTS - E*******

RFDude,

Other way of doing that is increasing the RSCP or the EcNo threshold value, considering that the subscribers closer to the cell border have weaker signal strenght and higher noise. Of course, its impact is dependand on your topology and clutter in which the cell is located. Be aware that you might have some shifts on the cell traffic and other KPI's as well.

Member Reputation: 139

You can play with
    RXLev Acces Min
    RACH min access level
    MAx TA etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RFDude_PMA View Post
    Hi Gurus

I have a question regarding how to control the access to a cell of distance users.. denied the access to a cell.

Thanks for the assistance.

Member Reputation: 81

hi jayk

Where can I get the parameter cell radius? at rbslocal is cellrange but that will trigger a lic alarm if I change this value below the parameter license.

Thanks

Member Reputation: 72

CellRadius is in Huawei and CellRange in Ericcson. There should not be any Alarm Triggering to change parameter value.