Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AMR BEHAVIOUR IN TRFO

Member Reputation: 109

Default AMR BEHAVIOUR IN TRFO

HI GUYS,

I Have a query regarding AMR Behaviour in TRFO. Is it necessary that when TRFO is implemented your AMR Codec in one direction i.e. Uplink of one and Downlink of other must be same for example ( AFS 7.4 & AFS 7.4) or (AFS7.4 & AHS 7.4). As in this way we can truly remove the repetetive coding/decoding process in between resulting in improved Voice quality.

Would appreciated urgent response.. Thanks in Advance,

BR,

Airian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 72

Default Re: AMR BEHAVIOUR IN TRFO

Quote Originally Posted by airian View Post
    HI GUYS,

I Have a query regarding AMR Behaviour in TRFO. Is it necessary that when TRFO is implemented your AMR Codec in one direction i.e. Uplink of one and Downlink of other must be same for example ( AFS 7.4 & AFS 7.4) or (AFS7.4 & AHS 7.4). As in this way we can truly remove the repetetive coding/decoding process in between resulting in improved Voice quality.

Would appreciated urgent response.. Thanks in Advance,

BR,

Airian
    Downlink Codec of MS1 will be uplink codec of Peer MS2 and vice versa.

THANKS DEAR,

but need your support in resolving a query as i have drive tested in my TRFO network with both MOC and MTC mobile connected with me and there is a differrence in the uplink Codec of MOC( AFS 12.2) and downlink codec of MTC ( AHS 7.4). Is it normal or a concern..

Common guys where is everybody.

We are Using Huawei TrFO/A over IP.

Common guys where is everybody.

We are Using Huawei TrFO/A over IP.
    Transcoding exists in Network even if TrFO is used. In case, if requirement of TrFo is not met that means the MS at calling end and Terminating end can not have same codec then Transcoding is used. Thats seems the case with you. As One of the MS is using Half Rate and other is using Full Rate so it shows that initial requirement to activate TrfO on particular call is not met.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 332

hello airian
    do you use same type of hanset on A number and B number?
    if different may be like jayk said
    that"Downlink Codec of MS1 will be uplink codec of Peer MS2 and vice versa."

or may u can check at MSS and BSC to compare which codec that open in both side

Quote Originally Posted by jayk View Post
    Transcoding exists in Network even if TrFO is used. In case, if requirement of TrFo is not met that means the MS at calling end and Terminating end can not have same codec then Transcoding is used. Thats seems the case with you. As One of the MS is using Half Rate and other is using Full Rate so it shows that initial requirement to activate TrfO on particular call is not met.
    Thanks Jayk

but isnt this true for TFO as per my undertsanding when you are in the TRFO network there is no transcorder but when you are calling from a TRFO network to non TRFO network than the transcoding takes place at the media gateway..

And the details I have shared was in a long call mode. that situation of different codecs was found in only some patches whereas the major of the time the codecs were same.

For Sabila:
    Yes dear i am using the same handset on both sides both connected to Nemo outdoor from which the measurements were taken.
    As my both the handsets are in the same BSC thats why i am ruling out the configuration issue.

Thanks

Thanks Jayk

but isnt this true for TFO as per my undertsanding when you are in the TRFO network there is no transcorder but when you are calling from a TRFO network to non TRFO network than the transcoding takes place at the media gateway..

And the details I have shared was in a long call mode. that situation of different codecs was found in only some patches whereas the major of the time the codecs were same.

For Sabila:
    Yes dear i am using the same handset on both sides both connected to Nemo outdoor from which the measurements were taken.
    As my both the handsets are in the same BSC thats why i am ruling out the configuration issue.

Thanks
    When there is no possibility to use same codec's then Network implements transcoding function even if TrFo is implemented in Network. It is an exception of TrFO feature.

Please add repo, if find helpful.