Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Looking for minilink TN Craft latest version

Member Reputation: 59

Default Looking for minilink TN Craft latest version

Hi experts,

i need your help. I`m new into minilink TN and i have some questions after reading ALEX:

1. Craft login via PC is via straight LAN cable (NPU3 B - TR : LAN2 port??). IP address is always 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.252 ?
    2. CLI login via PC is via USB cable (NPU3 B - O&M port??). IP address is always 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.252 ?
    3. Is the default IP address 10.0.0.1 not changed after commisioning?
    4. According docs USB connection is for local access to NE (network Element). LAN cable for local access to Compact Node. What is the difference between EN and CN? Which cable do i need to login and commision?
    5. Laptop is running on Windows 7. Is there a special service pack in MSS (Minilink Service Software) for windows 7?
    6. Are there known (driver) issues with Windows 7 v.s. Craft?
    7. Can anyone post the latest CRAFT terminal? These are a lot of posts, but all links are dead after ML craft 2.11.

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.
    Have a good 2012!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 23

Default Re: Looking for minilink TN Craft latest version

Lot of questions.

1. TN uses USB connection IP address always 10.0.0.1 and default your PC will receive 10.0.0.2 if you install the E******* USB-LAN driver (Included in later MINI-LINK Craft bundles). The NPU3B LAN Port will go active with configured IP-address after you have made configuration.

2. Yes and no, the address is 10.0.0.1, but the subnet mask is wider (I think). And this is not only for CLI, you can access the entire DCN this way since TN uses NAT.

3. USB never change, but the LAN and other IP-addresses (like numbered PPP), can and at least LAN should be configured.

4. TN and CN differ, depending on if you talk about CN 500 or CN 210 and 510.
    210 and 510 are quite similar to TN, but 500 will have more differences. (Today at least)
    USB are supported for both CN210/510 and most TN.
    Older TN like NPU 8x2 and I think CN500 don't have USB.

5. Not that I know of, but you might have encounter problems with IE9 or javaversions versus some older EEM implemented pages in Craft before version 2.17 comes. The USB-LAN driver will probably require a newer craft for W7 support. Not sure but at least from Craft 2.15 will work fine.

6. see 5.

7. Latest would be 2.16, I haven't seen it yet myself though.

4. Thanks spatkad thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 36

thanx Wizeguy for ur useful reply.

regarding working on w7 do not forget to do the compatibility things for the USBLAN:
    • Right click.
    • Properties.
    • Compatibility.
    • tike “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
    • Choose W XP.

Member Reputation: 33

Junior Member Reputation: 10

On W7, If can´t get connection this is a Tip for RBS Element Manager - no need for XP patch-

click Crontrol Panel, Date and Time properties, change year 2012 to 2010.
    open RBS Element Manager, ones you connected, exit, restart you Lapatop , try connect to RBS Element Manager

Pls do not forget to change date to 2012