Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: What is the maximum number SDCCHs that can be defined per TRX

Member Reputation: 44

Default Re: What is the maximum number SDCCHs that can be defined per TRX

Quote Originally Posted by student21 View Post
    it is a great waste of resources... you say "entire TRx"... of how many???!?!?!
    if just one TRx present, it is not possible mate...
    I had 8 TRX with 7 SDCCHs on the first TRX and 8 spread out on the other ones. Worked a treat.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Hi,
    I have a problem with defining more than 2 SDCCHs on 1 TRX or channell group0. Anytime I increase to 3 or 4 some timeslots get blocked. It is an E******* system and the BSC level parameter MAXNOSDCCHTRX is set to 4. CONFACT is set to 4 for the cells, NUMREQEGPRSBPC is set 2 for the cells. Any idea why I am not able to define more than 2SDCCHs on 1 TRX?
    Thank,
    In E******* system the maximum number of SDCCH depends upon the CONFACT used apart from the BSC parameter MAXNOSDCCHTRX. Pls refer the below table below. As can be seen, with CONFACT set to 4, you can not go beyond 2 SDCCH per TRX, else there will be high singalling load on the LAPD. So for the solution, you will have to change the CONFACT to 3 or 2 depending upon the SDCCH demand in your cell.

1 4
    2 4
    3 3
    4 2

Member Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by tapas_k View Post
    In E******* system the maximum number of SDCCH depends upon the CONFACT used apart from the BSC parameter MAXNOSDCCHTRX. Pls refer the below table below. As can be seen, with CONFACT set to 4, you can not go beyond 2 SDCCH per TRX, else there will be high singalling load on the LAPD. So for the solution, you will have to change the CONFACT to 3 or 2 depending upon the SDCCH demand in your cell.

1 4
    2 4
    3 3
    4 2

Hi TAPAS,

I believed that you're right. But as per my current network scenario, I have 8 TRX on MBC,
    CHGR 0 - 4 SDCCH + 2 EDGE TS
    CHGR 1 - HOPPING 900
    CHGR 2 - HOPPING 1800
    TG for CHGR0 and CHGR1 is same and set to CONFACT 4
    Will it be possible for me to define another 2 SDCCH to CHGR2(OL)? If I reduce the CONFACT 2 on the TG of GSM 900, I will not be able to 2 NUMREQEGPRSBPC per sector. Could you give me some comments/suggestions?

BR,

Junior Member Reputation: 11

You can put more than one SDCCH on TRX-0 (i.e. CHGR-0) but you want to specify the TSs to be used for SDCCHs

Junior Member Reputation: 10

You can use sdcch dynamic allocation it's more suitable if you want to increase your sdcch capacity but set high priority to BCCH carrier with 2 TS Max and 8 TS for other TRXs.. Hope it helps