Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Is IPv6 must supported by LTE devices?

Senior Member Reputation: 763

Default Is IPv6 must supported by LTE devices?

Verizon claims that IPv6 must be supported by LTE devices if it working with Verizon netwrok. Find details at - http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/061009-verizon-lte-ipv6.html

I
    s IPv6 is going to be must in LTE?? What about other Network provider, manufacturer ?? Please share if some one has some relevant information.

We recently bought Pantech UE datacrd for LTE solution testing which also supports both IPv4/IPv6.

Regards,
    V250

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 18

Default Re: Is IPv6 must supported by LTE devices?

UE can request for PDP Type as IPv4 / IPv6 / IPv4v6 in Rel-8. How do you Control the behaviour for UE to request for IPv6 PDP ?

Senior Member Reputation: 763

I do not have clear understanding about UE's IPv6 behaviour..But i assume..through core n/w (EPC) it can be control.. We have option to set IPv4/IPv6 PDP capability at EPC by which we can control it even though UE request for IPv6.. From UE side it is yet to discover..

Member Reputation: 57

"the device shall be assigned an IPv6 address whenever it attaches to the LTE network."

Does it mean the device shall open IPv6 PDP context for voice operations too?

Member Reputation: 18

Only a IPv6 Capable UE requesting with IPv6 PDP would be allocated IPv6 resources. Its difficult to find from Network Side if a UE supports IPv6 and then need to ask the IPv6 Capable UE to request for IPv6 PDP.
    I am not aware of any Procedure from PS Core / EPC to Command the UE so as to able to request for IPv6 PDP. Implementation of IPv6 in Mobile Networks would take Good Good time. Solution is 4-4 NAT.