Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Benchmarking

Member Reputation: 189

Hi all,

I am using Diversity from SQ to do benchmarking, it is a very good product, but you are right is very expensive. However SQ has less expensive tools like the QualiPOC. I like to use diversity because the tool is very reliable and can be collected very easily.

The post processing tool is the NQDI and can be used to handle all the data collected from the different probes.

BR

VIP Member Reputation: 897

To have knowledge it is really good to know such things in the market, or if u get a chance to work in your company then it is well n good

But at the same time u should also know how to do the benchmarking with the simple DT tools, it is very important because once u start working as a consultant, they always expect u to know these things in advance
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Good work guys, what about benchmarking of KPI, do you have documents regarding it?
    Anyone have the that documents..?

Member Reputation: 88

Anyone have try TEMS Automatic ? I'm using TA for my benchmarking exercise...Very good product...

Member Reputation: 23

Hi all,
    Does anybody know, what is the voice and video sample formats for swissqual MOS tests. And what is the preferred voice type(man, woman, bass, tenor etc.)?

Member Reputation: 78

Quote Originally Posted by ussrback View Post
    what benchmarking tools do u know?
    TEMS & MapInfo are enough

Member Reputation: 19

Default KPI In benchmarking

KPI (Key Performence Indicator) for benchmarking such as : Dropcall ,handover failure, RSCP strength, Ec/Io , etc..

this paramaters will be compared from I operator , II operator and III operator..

the goal is :: we can look Performence operators.

--cmpq--

please share another knowledge about benchmarking

thanks.

Member Reputation: 179

Probably enough general info is already shared here. Further I can say is, it depends on the nature of the project/ or requirement of operator, which KPIs are focused and based on focus, Tools and other issues (duration/ BM time busy hour or not) varies.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Agree..

Quote Originally Posted by VitalyK View Post
    TEMS & MapInfo are enough
    ^Agree with you...

Member Reputation: 98

Default Benchmark TEMS,SWISSQUAL,QVOICE

Quote Originally Posted by lccengr View Post
    1. Receiving handset means the handet on which you receive a call, in Idle you dont actually need it because you are not dialing any number. (IDLE)

2. Why you are not using Scanning? Well you can use scanning, it all depends on you, but do u have the complete scanning equipment for 3-4 Mobile Handsets ? I have also said that the external antenna is recommended when using scanning, if you are benchmarking with the scanning then obviously you need 3-4 external antenna (depending again on the number of operators you are doing).

In Idle mode, you don't need to have the external antenna, and you don't need to provide the frequency band for scanning. The good thing about this is when you are doing the scanning of two operators then it registers your SIM with the network you are having in Idle state. Whereas in scanning the band should be provided, and there are lot of chances of saturation.

Let's take an example of saturation here, suppose there are 2 operators for which you doing the benchmarking through scanning, the ARFCN band of 1 operator is from 40-60 and the other operator is having from 61-80. The good practice is that you leave 1 ARFCN as a guardband between 2 Interoperator bands, supposingly none of the operators used Guard band then there are lot of chances of saturation. In my company, we are using the ARFCN from 63-78 and we came to know later that the some areas where we were using 63 was having lot of interference. The reason found after long time was because another operator was using 62 as their BCCH Frequency in some places even after the agreement that 62 should be used as a Guard Frequency.

Another reason is the decoding of MNC-MCC, this is very important as it can only be decoded in Idle Mode, not in scanning mode !

Note: In benchmarking the routes are usually not detailed, the general route drive is usually done in order to complete the benchmarking in the given time frame.

To my knolwedge, There are no such specific tools that are used for benchmarking, the simple drive test tools can do this for you. You just need to have license to connect Multiple phones to your DT Tool.
    Can u guys benchmark the tools TEMS,SWISSQUAL & QVOICE?
    I mean is there any one who can compare the tools from a engineer's point of view??