Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Benchmarking

VIP Member Reputation: 897

1. Receiving handset means the handet on which you receive a call, in Idle you dont actually need it because you are not dialing any number. (IDLE)

2. Why you are not using Scanning? Well you can use scanning, it all depends on you, but do u have the complete scanning equipment for 3-4 Mobile Handsets ? I have also said that the external antenna is recommended when using scanning, if you are benchmarking with the scanning then obviously you need 3-4 external antenna (depending again on the number of operators you are doing).

In Idle mode, you don't need to have the external antenna, and you don't need to provide the frequency band for scanning. The good thing about this is when you are doing the scanning of two operators then it registers your SIM with the network you are having in Idle state. Whereas in scanning the band should be provided, and there are lot of chances of saturation.

Let's take an example of saturation here, suppose there are 2 operators for which you doing the benchmarking through scanning, the ARFCN band of 1 operator is from 40-60 and the other operator is having from 61-80. The good practice is that you leave 1 ARFCN as a guardband between 2 Interoperator bands, supposingly none of the operators used Guard band then there are lot of chances of saturation. In my company, we are using the ARFCN from 63-78 and we came to know later that the some areas where we were using 63 was having lot of interference. The reason found after long time was because another operator was using 62 as their BCCH Frequency in some places even after the agreement that 62 should be used as a Guard Frequency.

Another reason is the decoding of MNC-MCC, this is very important as it can only be decoded in Idle Mode, not in scanning mode !

Note: In benchmarking the routes are usually not detailed, the general route drive is usually done in order to complete the benchmarking in the given time frame.

To my knolwedge, There are no such specific tools that are used for benchmarking, the simple drive test tools can do this for you. You just need to have license to connect Multiple phones to your DT Tool.
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

VIP Member Reputation: 1171

Default benchmarking tool Qvoice

Hi,
    here your find the link to a first better explanation on bentchmarking .

Qvoice company ..... http://www.qvoice.com/2-applications/capp_2100.html
    You may see how the set up look ...page 19 in doc .... http://www.qvoice.com/4-literature/4...for-qvoice.pdf

Swissqual ..... http://www.swissqual.com/Benchmarking.aspx
    DIVERSITY products are expencive ... http://www.swissqual.com/Diversity.aspx
    If you have 4 networks in your country , you need for CS bentchmarking 4 phones equiped with adequate networks SIMs to do sequence (via call generator) MO calls and MT calls and for PS benthcmarking 4 PCMCIA cards equiped with adequate network SIMs , to make sequence of ping - pause - DL of test file - UL of test file to test ftp server that is independent of 4 mobile networks - , scanner for 2G and scanner for 3G to scan frequency band,... to collect statistical data that after finished measurement data collection , you need to evaluate like in set document our colleague did.

Please, colleagues add your experience to my thoughts.
    P

.... to justdream ... if you find it good , express it please by P R E SS - THANKS
    Last edited by punto; 2009-01-10 at 12:23 AM

Dear bruv,

Nice explanation but swiss call actually take benchmarking as a seperate project which means again spending too much money for the results which you can get it yourself with the resources you have already

1st link is better which explained the same thing in a better manner Thank you bruv
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

VIP Member Reputation: 1171

Default which equipment ...

I would conclude that big reach companies like Tmobile buy a big and extremly expencive benchmarking systems for benchm. voice, data , videocall ...
    and do periodically 3-4 times per year internal tests for orientation twds competitors, but ...
    if company do not have it , then it calls some consultatn company where work geniuses, that can make A LOT out of normal measurement equipment they have ... not SwissQual or Qvoice, that cost like some Ferrari ... correct me if Im wrong...
    P

Senior Member Reputation: 488

Quote Originally Posted by punta_arbe View Post
    ....SwissQual or Qvoice, that cost like some Ferrari ... correct me if Im wrong...
    P
    Ha ha exactly. I know that their solutions are quite expencive, but at the same time very advanced

Well in my country , the operators do not usually insource any other company to do Benchmarking for them specially. It is usually included in the category of Drive Testing. So if any consultancy company is having a project here then on the request it has to perform the Benchmark with the same resources that are available.

Usually the Big Telecom Authorities (for exampel PTA : Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) need a very accurate measurements to declare the results to every operator. They may Insource these companies for the accurate results. But if i look at the Operator point of view then it only takes the rough estimate by doing the benchmarking internally which is not actually declared to other operators.

For that purpose Optimizers are responsible to carry out the internal Benchmarking project to see their operator standings.

I am not sure of the t-mobile, maybe it can afford because it is one of the leaders in telecom world and has a huge investment around the world. 1 Ferrari is nothing when they can put a great investment in increasing their coverage

Regards,
    Venom

Senior Member Reputation: 491

Default Good

Good work guys, what about benchmarking of KPI, do you have documents regarding it?

VIP Member Reputation: 263

Quote Originally Posted by punta_arbe View Post
    Hi,
    here your find the link to a first better explanation on bentchmarking .

.... to justdream ... if you find it good , express it please by P R E SS - THANKS
    Hi
    Have u used swissqual for BM? I am todl that it is quite expensive tool as compared to Agilent & Invex.
    For eg If AGilent cost X (4HS) , Invex will be 2X (16handset support) while a 6HS Swissqual will be 7X..
    Any feedback on pricing vs value?
    Also I am told that Actix doesn't support Swissqual so u need to buy swissqual analyser also.

Member Reputation: 631

Maybe someone can upload tutorial for both banchmarking
    Dont Forget Click Thanks and Reputation (approve) Button
    Regards

Member Reputation: 171

I love nemo analyzer a lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by ussrback View Post
    what benchmarking tools do u know?