Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: wcdma ps call Drop caused by handover behaviour

Member Reputation: 228

Default Re: wcdma ps call Drop caused by handover behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by KoJaa View Post
    I think you just described the one that I'm talking about, your SC3 is seen as detected set with a very good Ec/No of -4db while you have -24db as the best one? I think Adding the SC3 would solve your problem, if it is not intended to serve that location then that SC3 is overshooting creating problems on that area.

The one i'm talking about is with e// vendor I'm not sure if this also applies on huawei. Below is the description from ALEX.

"The number of dropped call events due to missing neighbors during the recording. A high number indicates that the cell has undefined neighbor cells that cause interference and dropped calls, and therefore should be defined as neighbors. A drop will occur if the missing neighbor is stronger than the active set + releaseConnOffset , so the statistics depends on the parameter value. "

the value of releaseconnoffset is 12db
    no there's no overshooting cells . but the scenario should be like this :
    -SC1 in active set
    -add SC2 to active set
    -delete SC1
    -add SC3 to active set ; where SC3 & SC2 are already defined as neighbors

but on the ground i have this :
    -SC1 in active set
    -add SC2 to active set
    -delete SC2 (Ec/No -7 dB) from active set instead of removing SC1 (Ec/No -24 dB)
    -now i can't add SC3 (Ec/No -4 dB) to active set because it's not a neighbor to SC1 . they shouldn't be defined as neighbors . the real problem is why the system removed SC2 .

Junior Member Reputation: 13

Did you have checked the capacity or alarm of the SC2? Why SC3 shouldn't be define as a neighbor of SC1 even that interfered that area. Is it too far away?
    Last edited by yudil; 2011-09-15 at 12:21 AM

Member Reputation: 172

doesn't matter whether the cell is the best or not. Also you don't know what UL conditions were no matter DL was good enough.My suggestion is to check statistics in M2000 and Nastar(CHR/CALL FAULT analyze) if you have or to repeat the test with LMT trace in parallel. Something else if SC3 is reported in this point on this levels and quality you should consider it as adding into neighbouring list or if you think it is overshooting to take relevant antenna design change actions.

BR
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by zeezzoo View Post
    but in my case i have ative set update that removed the best RL (SC1) instead of removing the bad RL (SC2) . does this apply also for losing Sync ??
    Last edited by agenov; 2011-09-15 at 12:20 AM

Member Reputation: 143

Did you see MR with event 1B in SC2? or is it SC1 in the MR?