Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: E******* 3G poor network coverage

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default E******* 3G poor network coverage

Hai, i have an issue with E******* Node-B. Their network coverage is very poor, they hardly reach 200meter. So please help me what could be the probable reason for this problem. If any one have idea about the IRAT handover please explain me parameters with example and Please also explain me about the IRAT Ho from E******* 3g to Nortel 2G and Nortel 2G to E******* 3G. I have some docs about the IRAT HO but it does not really help me yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 15

Default Re: E******* 3G poor network coverage

Hi,

For of all, have you done a drive test and see what the coverage is like?

Next, are your parameters set correctly.

On the 2G Nortel side check the 3G parameters making sure that the 3G UARFCN is set correctly. Also make sure the 3G RxLevmin is set at -102 to -105 or better if you want. Check the Nortel Doc on 3G param.

Nortel 2G doesn't reselect like 2G E*******. On Nortel, when the EU is idle mode the 3G reselection is done based on UARFCN (the whole UMTS carrier).

For 2G to 3G IRAT --I know based on Nortel V17---there is done
    For 3G to 2G IRAT --- just make sure all your 3G params are set on the Nortel side.

BannedUser Reputation: 2

Quote Originally Posted by mutumsha View Post
    Hai, i have an issue with E******* Node-B. Their network coverage is very poor, they hardly reach 200meter. So please help me what could be the probable reason for this problem. If any one have idea about the IRAT handover please explain me parameters with example and Please also explain me about the IRAT Ho from E******* 3g to Nortel 2G and Nortel 2G to E******* 3G. I have some docs about the IRAT HO but it does not really help me yet.
    TEMS kit, get a drive team out and look, look at the neighbours, powers of the neighbours, tilts of antennas, feeder lengths in parameters, SC duplication, Tx powers, could be one of many issues from Ncell being overpowered drowing your Nodeb out, get someone out and check everything, WCDMA is an art to an extent but HO issues are treated the same be it in 2G or 3G. Take the ncells down and see how far it goes before dropping, if it gets more than 200m with its neighbours down then your node isnt the problem, its the node thats interfacing it.
    Thats why we are Engineers, we solve issues like this being methodical.

Wireshark

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Thank you for your valuable information. If you have the documents, could you please upload the materials. i have the drive test logs. please help me and please tell me the parameters with detail definition.

Member Reputation: 21

try to che ck if the output power of trx are correct if not try to replace it. I've encounter this before.

there is no alarm but the coverage is limited....

Member Reputation: 28

If your site doesn't cover beyond 200m, check if there are any HW alarms and solve them before proceeding to the next step:

1-Check the antenna height first, 2-type of antenna used and downtilt 3-Transmit power (both TX power & Cpich power) 4-Check neighborlist
    5-Check surrounding area if the morphology is special (Dense-urban with high rising skycrapers & buildings...) they can create "tunnels" that blocks your coverage and propagation (any modern city has a dense downtown with a lot of buildings)...
    6-Cross-check SC codes, RSCP & EcIo to see if your sector covers properly without any X-feeding & interference problems

When you have done this checklist with this 6 steps, probably you will be able to pinpoint the issue and solve it appropriately. Good luck