Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MiniLink RAU Radio Index

Member Reputation: 101

Question MiniLink RAU Radio Index

E******* Radio Acess Units (RAU) have a radio index mentioned in their name. Such as RAU2 X 7/38, where 38 is the radio index. Could anyone explain what this radio index stands for?

BR// planner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 23

Default Re: MiniLink RAU Radio Index

Quote Originally Posted by planner View Post
    E******* Radio Acess Units (RAU) have a radio index mentioned in their name. Such as RAU2 X 7/38, where 38 is the radio index. Could anyone explain what this radio index stands for?

BR// planner
    If you look in the product catalog for MINI-LINK TN, you will find tables for each RAU and the associated indexes.
    RAU2 X 7/38 is for instance the high index of the 34/38 pair,
    where lower sub band (index 34 RAU:s) have frequency range from 7208,5 MHz to 7268 MHz. High sub band (index 38 RAU:s) have range between 7369,5 MHz to 7429 MHz.
    The duplex is 161 MHz
    To setup a hop you will need an index pair that is matching according to tables in the product catalog.
    See for instance: http://www.mini-link.cz/files/MINI-L...ct_Catalog.pdf

@wizeguy: Thanks for your reply.

1. I know about the high and low sub bands. But I was trying to understand how the frequency range and related information is deduced from the index numbers.

2. As some sub-bands are present in multiple frequencies 7/8/15 GHz, how can we deduce the frequency range from the radio index?

3. Does the radio index represent anything more than sub-bands?

Quote Originally Posted by planner View Post
    @wizeguy: Thanks for your reply.

1. I know about the high and low sub bands. But I was trying to understand how the frequency range and related information is deduced from the index numbers.

2. As some sub-bands are present in multiple frequencies 7/8/15 GHz, how can we deduce the frequency range from the radio index?

3. Does the radio index represent anything more than sub-bands?
    My knowledge about this comes to an end here I am afraid. But I am quite convinced that you always need to have the index tables to know what frequency they represent.

But I will try to ask around next time I meet people who have more insight.

@wizeguy

Thanks in advance. Will be waiting for some enlightenment.

I have found that my initial assumption must be right, you always need the index tables to find the corresponding frequencies.

If a new frequency or other duplex is needed for a certain range, the index used will be the next free in sequence. Some indexes are selected to have the same duplex within an index range, but this is not something one can guess from just studying the index numbers.