Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: HSDPA Handover

VIP Member Reputation: 1118

Default Re: HSDPA Handover

okey, like Rishi explanation so for RAN12 is confirm about HSDPA using SoftHO
    If this document usefull, then giving some reputations is highly appreciated.

note : see default password

Hi, just to make a comment on this topic. In DCH SHO there is a macro diversity gain since the actual data is send in the SHO RL's which gives the diversity gain.
    For HSDPA , pre R8 there is always HHO for HS-DSCH which is the channel that carries the actual payload, as well as HS-SCCH.
    Post Release8 , there is enhancement to the HSDPA mobility SCC which allows the UE to read the signalling from target cell for the purpose of serving cell change once the cell is added to active set. Further to this, the UE is able to read the HS-SCCH channel of the target cell once there is indication of change in serving cell (e1d). This may be considered SHO, but the actual data is still only send on the serving cell and not to all cell in the active set (as per DCH SHO) but the performance should be better then the pre R8 SCC.

I've attached a report which shows this performance improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by twenty8 View Post
    Hi, just to make a comment on this topic. In DCH SHO there is a macro diversity gain since the actual data is send in the SHO RL's which gives the diversity gain.
    For HSDPA , pre R8 there is always HHO for HS-DSCH which is the channel that carries the actual payload, as well as HS-SCCH.
    Post Release8 , there is enhancement to the HSDPA mobility SCC which allows the UE to read the signalling from target cell for the purpose of serving cell change once the cell is added to active set. Further to this, the UE is able to read the HS-SCCH channel of the target cell once there is indication of change in serving cell (e1d). This may be considered SHO, but the actual data is still only send on the serving cell and not to all cell in the active set (as per DCH SHO) but the performance should be better then the pre R8 SCC.

I've attached a report which shows this performance improvements.
    the attachment was rejected earlier...reattached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by _lisi4king View Post
    May be you have description of it?

For me interesting: FS\2 in Compressed mode.

How it is possible, if HS this is SF=16. If will be SF=8 it is not HSDPA.

Or spreading changed only for SRB not for TRB.

Well, HSDPA uses SF 16 but don't forget that everything is scheduled on a TTI=2ms basis. HSDPA CM is implemented as higher layer scheduling (HLS) where during CM periods no data is transmitted (i.e. TTIs coinciding with CM periods are considered for schediling by the scheduler at the Node-B for this UE)

Now, for SRB you have two options:

1. if SRB is transmitted over DCH, this is using SF 256, and during CM we have again two alternatives (depending on the UTRAN vendor) either HLS (i.e. no tramsission at all during CM periods) or SF halving hence SF 128 is used.

2. In Rel7 we could have SRB over HSDPA, hence whatever we said earlier about HSDPA CM is applicable

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by soodlhor View Post
    What's SRB, friend? it mean control pane?
    SRB is signalling radio bearer (i.e. control plane)

Quote Originally Posted by adewijaya View Post
    okey, like Rishi explanation so for RAN12 is confirm about HSDPA using SoftHO
    Guys guys be careful
    like i said HSDPA does not require SHO. don't forget SHO is there because of the associated-DCH for the SRB.

RAN12 also supports SRB over HSDPA which cancels the requirement for A-DCH. in this case if you use this feature then A-DCH is not activated at all and in the downlink the UE behaves like in GSM. just doing cell changes when moving from one cell to the other.

(for the uplink it depends what features you are using, but there is a possibility to have voice over HSPA calls which look identical to GSM calls in terms of mobility behaviour)

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Why I can not download att. file??
    Who know the problem about it

Super Moderator Reputation: 8541 zeuscane's Avatar

Read forum rules
    zeuscane

Quote Originally Posted by Muaimuai View Post
    Why I can not download att. file??
    Who know the problem about it
    "Educate yourselves because we'll need all your intelligence.
    Stir yourselves because we'll need all your enthusiasm.
    Organize yourselves because we'll need all your strength."