Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: M2000

Member Reputation: 53

Default M2000

Hello Colleagues

I have a little question regarding the Huawei's M2000. Is it true that the M2000 cannot provide statistics for more than 30days. I have been trying to get our vendors to extend the number of days for which records can be pulled but i keep getting feedback's that it cant exceed 30days.

Please can some one confirm this.

Br all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 38

Talking Re: M2000

Quote Originally Posted by khalids View Post
    Hello Colleagues

I have a little question regarding the Huawei's M2000. Is it true that the M2000 cannot provide statistics for more than 30days. I have been trying to get our vendors to extend the number of days for which records can be pulled but i keep getting feedback's that it cant exceed 30days.

Please can some one confirm this.

Br all.
    Hello,
    m2000 gets all its data from the performance folders in each bsc, every day the bsc stores performance data in its hard drives (they can be very large) so the amount of data that can be retrieved by m2000 depends on the amount of hard drive space on your bsc, MUSA bsc's typically have less hard drive space than the more advanced PARC platforms which can store data beyond a month, if you need data beyond a month i'll advice that you get an external hard drive with large volume and everyday copy the performance data untill you have more than a month of data(after copying you can compress them to save space), if you then need m2000 to extract data for a particular period, you copy the data for that period from your external hard drive back into the bsc's hard drive and run the query from m2000...its a bit of trouble but it will solve your problem.

Member Reputation: 154

Default Re: M2000

Quote Originally Posted by shishio View Post
    Hello,
    m2000 gets all its data from the performance folders in each bsc, every day the bsc stores performance data in its hard drives (they can be very large) so the amount of data that can be retrieved by m2000 depends on the amount of hard drive space on your bsc, MUSA bsc's typically have less hard drive space than the more advanced PARC platforms which can store data beyond a month, if you need data beyond a month i'll advice that you get an external hard drive with large volume and everyday copy the performance data untill you have more than a month of data(after copying you can compress them to save space), if you then need m2000 to extract data for a particular period, you copy the data for that period from your external hard drive back into the bsc's hard drive and run the query from m2000...its a bit of trouble but it will solve your problem.
    Hello there,

I would like to add one thing about your answer. Higher storage feature should be implemented in M2000 and not in the BSC itself. Because no matter how you add hard disks in BSC, you will reach a certain limitation, because usually you place the hard disks in OMU boards, and definitely you have limited space.

However the original question sparked the following questions,

a. How PM files are uploaded from BSC to M2000?
    b. What is their first location?
    c. In which format they are uploaded? Ascii, binary, .csv, etc.
    d. If for some reason M2000 goes down can we manually upload and parse PM files?

I'll try to get answers for these questions, but if you can help it would be great.

Regards,

VIP Member Reputation: 1050 tester's Avatar

M2000 can hold performance up to 90 days.
    By default it is 30 days in order to decrease the size of pmdb.
    Knowledge should be free

You guys have been of great help. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    Hello there,

I would like to add one thing about your answer. Higher storage feature should be implemented in M2000 and not in the BSC itself. Because no matter how you add hard disks in BSC, you will reach a certain limitation, because usually you place the hard disks in OMU boards, and definitely you have limited space.

However the original question sparked the following questions,

a. How PM files are uploaded from BSC to M2000?
    b. What is their first location?
    c. In which format they are uploaded? Ascii, binary, .csv, etc.
    d. If for some reason M2000 goes down can we manually upload and parse PM files?

I'll try to get answers for these questions, but if you can help it would be great.

Regards,

It will be great if you are able to get answers to the questions you raised. I'm really interested in getting a feedback regarding your questions.

Also a colleague of mine mentioned that there is a file or script that needs to be modified inorder for the M2000 to process files longer than 30days. Those anyone out there have any idea which file it is and how to go about modifying it.

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Member Reputation: 154

Quote Originally Posted by tester View Post
    M2000 can hold performance up to 90 days.
    By default it is 30 days in order to decrease the size of pmdb.

Hello there,

Would you kindly indicate where you set the 90 days figure in M2000. Unless the M2000 planner is assuming that with any technology used and for wahtever number of network elements you'll get 90 days storage by default, we can not say that it will keep the data for 90 days.

I think we can get answers for our questions if we could get M2000 planning guide. I have one for U2000, and still looking for M2000.

Regards,

Member Reputation: 730

it is true that hard disk space has to be increased in the M2000 and not elsewhere.

its also true that it can store data up 90 days or more depending on hard disk capacity.

VIP Member Reputation: 1050 tester's Avatar

@jimjim

You need modify Hold Days Setting in Maintenance > Task Management > Database Capacity Management > Performance Data
    Knowledge should be free

VIP Member Reputation: 1118

Yup, correct answer!

1. max setting 90 days with M2000
    2. for this action depend on M2000 Storage that bought to be
    If this document usefull, then giving some reputations is highly appreciated.

note : see default password