Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: High PS Failure but excellent CS retainability

Member Reputation: 29

Default Re: High PS Failure but excellent CS retainability

Quote Originally Posted by tthach830 View Post
    After further analysis, most of the drops are due to downgrading or switch from HS to R99. Most of attempts are 99% HS and less than 1% R99; however most of the PS drops are on R99.

So how do I find out what causing this R99 drops with voice accessibility/retainility are great? Is there a flowchart for how this R99 dropsped counter is pegged?
    u r talking about one site or hole area
    if this happen in area please check if there is any upgrade done in your area
    second please check the hard handovers if you using HS and DCH loadsharing
    same thing happen with me when we switched to HS and DCH loadsharing

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Hi,

It may be a transmission problem (not physical) only you met this as R99 PS drops. If you are using ATM, there should be used AAL2PATH Logical paths with a special VPI and VCI that you should check transmissions ATM configurations for NodeB side, RNC side and transmission Elements between RNC and NodeB. I think there is a problem in logic path (AAL2PATH) definition that carries R99 PS Services.

It is same in IP transmission there are special logic paths that carry different Services. In this case you should check the VLAN in each transmission node.

Member Reputation: 47

If there´s a border, then it could be related to IUR. If it were TX problem, then you´d have the problem in Accessibility rather than in Retainability.
    check if you have CELL_FACH enabled. Making drive test will certainly help a lot....

I believe is neighbor inter-RAT related.... (to be sure you need drive test)

you dont see it in CS cause you have soft handover.

Member Reputation: 28

Check your transport side. Verify if the Iub-Iur interfaces are dimensioned correctly (I would say, check your RAX board count too..but I refrain because u have written that u already verified the HW)...I have met the same kind of issues when sites with 2 C have low Drop rate (retainability in umts parlance), low accessibility but high on PS (bot drops & access). It turns out after many days of investigation that the transport pipe is not sized up enough to handle all the traffic after opto & 2C installation.