Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: RNCAP

Member Reputation: 32

Question RNCAP

Hiya,

Any clues what does RNCAP stand for? And where it's described in details? Tried all the specs but with no success...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Default Re: RNCAP

There is no such protocol defined within the 3GPP. Are you 100% sure it is called RNCAP? Not RNSAP?

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zlobster View Post
    Hiya,

Any clues what does RNCAP stand for? And where it's described in details? Tried all the specs but with no success...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    stands for RNC application part

Member Reputation: 154

Hello there,

I totally agree with wolverine, if google does not find it then there is a problem.

Unless whoever said the word RNCAP meant all of the below,

NBAP (NodeB Application Part) used ovcer Iub check this link from wikipedia NBAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RANAP (Radio Access Network Application Part) used over IuCs and IuPs check this link from wikipedia RANAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Regards,

Yep, the Nastar thingy says RNCAP. I'm pretty sure it's on the Iur but I can't find a damn thing about it. Some says it's a part of MTP3-b between the RNCs but I still have no other info...

Quote Originally Posted by kamy View Post
    stands for RNC application part
    Indeed, that's the most reasonable meaning. It's self-suggestive (is there such a word?) and few other hints mentioned it, alas with no more details...
    Last edited by zlobster; 2011-04-28 at 05:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by zlobster View Post
    Hiya,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Dear zlobster,

There is no official word called RNCAP I was able to find on the internet, however if we think a little bit RNC and RAN are some how similar so when the document mentions RNCAP it is refering to RANAP.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about the word itself and move into a higher step. Perhaps understanding RANAP and how it works.

Regards,

Member Reputation: 172

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    Dear zlobster,

There is no official word called RNCAP I was able to find on the internet, however if we think a little bit RNC and RAN are some how similar so when the document mentions RNCAP it is refering to RANAP.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about the word itself and move into a higher step. Perhaps understanding RANAP and how it works.

Regards,

Good point. I also noticed this word in Nastar Dot info. Since it carriers control part information could be their own interpretation and just to named it like this....

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agenov View Post
    Good point. I also noticed this word in Nastar Dot info. Since it carriers control part information could be their own interpretation and just to named it like this....
    you need OMStar (and some thing else) to decode more detail about huawei BAM logfile (8 types)

Quote Originally Posted by kamy View Post
    you need OMStar (and some thing else) to decode more detail about huawei BAM logfile (8 types)
    Hi kamy,

Although learning RANAP/RNSAP/etc. IS a good idea (and in progress, BTW) your hints give me a ray of hope. Could you please give me more details about this OMStar thing? What else do I need for decoding BAM logfiles?

P.S. If all the signalling is specified (I believe it is) why would Huawei use their own ambiguous abbreviations?
    Last edited by zlobster; 2011-04-29 at 03:15 PM

Dear,

What type of BSC do you have, is it BSC6900?

Regards,