Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 152

Thread: Aircom v6 Installation (personal experience)

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Default Aircom v6 Installation (personal experience)

Hello all,

Today i am at last successful in installing the Aircom V6 Enterprise edition with its database working properly. I am summarizing the steps to make you all work in the similar manner.

1. Download Oracle 10G from www.oracle.com (the file should be 624MB in zip format for win32)
    2. Unzip it your directory say D:\Oracle
    3. Click the setup.exe found in D:\Oracle\database and complete the installation with the general information (don't worry about it because this is not the database you will actually work on).
    4. Once installed, Install Aircom Enterprise v6 and apply patch 50 with it. (this will take little time so you have to wait).
    5. Once you are done with it successfully, apply nempez patch "ai_1998.dll" . You have to replace this file in the directory C:\Program Files\AIRCOM International\Enterprise 6.0\Common

6. Once replaced, you have to look for the oracle database template. It can be found in the same directory mentioned above. The name of the templates are Ora10g_1Gb.dbt , Ora10g_512MB.dbt . Copy both of the files and paste it in the template directory of oracle given below:

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\assistants\dbca\templates (this is the directory where you have actually installed the oracle).

7. Now click Start -> All Programs -> Oracle_Ora10Db10g_home1 -> Configuration and Migration Tool --> Database configuration Assistant

8. You will a window, Click next, On the top there is step mentioned. (e.g 1 of 12), Select Create Database, In the 2 of 12 Step, Select Ora10g 512MB and just click the all next steps to complete the creation of Aircom database according to its template. Please enter the pwd, this will login you in the database.

9. Once completed you need to to configure the Administrator and make it Super User. Go to Start --> All Programs --> Aircom international --> Enterprise v6.0 --> Misc --> Administrator

10. Wait for it to configure and it will popup to login. Enter the username Administrator and password you mentioned in the database creation of Aircom.

11. Once logged in you need to allow access to make it a super user. Click Configuration on the left and then click Power User Configuration. Make sure everything is checked in it.

12. Click Users and you must see the comments against Administrator as a super user.
    13. Open Aircom Enterprise and login name as Administrator and same password. Click Login.
    14. Once logged in you will have no problem in adding a project or opening and existing one.

Note: If it doesn't allow you to login then pls go to Go to Start --> All Programs --> Aircom international --> Enterprise v6.0 --> Misc --> Database Settings Migration tool. Login in it with the same information and then click Migrate. If nothing goes wrong you will be able to login in Enterprise.
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 571

very good job ,thank you so much for detail about Aircom v6 Installation

VIP Member Reputation: 263

Default Reply 1# lccengr's post

Thanks Dude. Most comprehensive writeup on AIrcom 6
    A suggestion, if possible, pl make a word doc with screenshots to explain the process or use snagIT posted today on forum, to make a screen video for all of us.

After all, a picture speaks 1000 words

ANyway. thanks again for ur efforts.

Dont Worry broo, i will add pictures to it, but i m busy in optimization, follow these steps and if u r having problem then do post in over here with your problematic snapshot, thank you
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

Member Reputation: 28

Good Work! It will help many peoples
    BR

Member Reputation: 109

happy to have such ppl in this forum!!!

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Reply 1# lccengr's post

Thanks for your details...hope it will work..just let me know one thing from where i wll get Patch 50 file?

Member Reputation: 417

Great job buddy.

I have a problem when installing the oracle 10g. Can you give us the step by step procedure how to install oracle 10g? I will appreciate it. Include the snapshot is better.

Thank you.

BR//

freqzt
    BR,

-freqzt-

Member Reputation: 66

good job, thank you for detail installation Aircom v6

Default Reply undefined freqzt's post

Brother, you don't need to have much experience in installing Oracle 10g. Just run the setup and let it create a sample database. The database you create at the beginning of installation is not the one that will be used by AIRCOM ENTERPRISE, soo you don't have to worry about selecting a specific option in all the steps. AIRCOM ENTERPRISE provides its template, just like in Actix, there is a template to create .FMT file for TEMS exports. It helps you to have all the options created by default. Just follow the steps which i have mentioned, i will post some snapshots (hopefully on weekend)

Regards,
    Venom