Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Importing maps (backdrop), vectors, clutter into aircom

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Importing maps (backdrop), vectors, clutter into aircom

Is there any chance to get any possible documentation or hint how to import files (.shp format) that I have got from map provider into aircom 6.0?
    not just vectors, also clutter !
    And the format of index.txt file should be like .....

If there is any hint, please, let me know. Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 474

dear

i think that maps are not imported into any planning tool ....specilay in aircom

normally what is done is that you dfine the path in which he maps exit....thats don in aircom by definning the project setting ,, just after the you log into aircom dstabase you press the info tab in the next window....

thats it ....no neeed for imports

keen regards

Member Reputation: 257

You simply need convert ESRI *.shp format to MAPINFO *.tab format (can be done with Mapinfo by itself or with a FME Suite) and then you can add your data to Aircom. Index file can be generated via Aircom Powertools. Other way - you can simply import *.tab files within Aircom using Vector Manager. In that way iondex file will be generated by Vector Manager automatically. Enjoy!

Hi All

Thanks for that infos.
    Miro: you are right, there is no need to import them into tool. Just to specify the path. My mistake, I did not state the question correct.
    VMatas: thx for advice. Some hove I have managed to import my vector files via using Vector Manager. But I have problems with heights. I have got them in .XYZ format. There is no way so far, that Aircom would read those files.
    Same problem with clutter format. It is .bin format with index.txt and menu.txt file. It can be seen in Data Types, I can choose some of clutter types, but it is just not displayed, neither in Map view gadgets Information.

So, is there any advice how to deal with height and clutter data formats. Is there any additional help to see, since I am not used to deal with index.xml file format.

br

Jernej

Hi korte,

try convert XYZ data similar as described in this thread: http://www.5inetop.cn/viewthread.php?tid=1129&extra=page%3D1 . Regarding clutter data - you sure that you really have clutter data? Check legend colors for the clutter types, may be for some reason you have white color...
    Try with  free 250m resolution data from this site: http://www.computamaps.com/es/catalog/index_7.html . They data can be opened and displayed by Aircom. Good luck!

Default maps

Hi

I have found the problem with clutter data. It is index.txt file, that I have got it from clutter map supplier and the thing is that there was no end of line in txt file.
    With .XYZ filer format of heights I have found some other solution, but i am going to try according to your hint as soon I have some time to deal with.

BR

kORLE

Default Antenna pattern

Hi all

Now I am facing the problem of importing the antenna pattern. There is no way that I could import any pattern into tool. Not even if I follow instructions from antenna vendors.

Any suggestion?

br

VIP Member Reputation: 263

Default Reply 1# korle's post

Hi Korle

Request you to post a consolidated document on Importing of Maps into Aircom - once you are done with this Q&A sessions and have successfully achived your goals.

Antenna pattern file format?

Member Reputation: 518

there are a lot of file type that for importing antenna pattern, i usually use '.XML' format. and '.txt' format for importing antenna pattern.
    ~do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking~

file pass: KroBeLux