Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: --Intensive Location updates--

Member Reputation: 79

Default --Intensive Location updates--

Hello,

My Huawei GSM network is experiencing random intensive location updates (not related to one BSC,not related to one cell) which causes the CSSR to drop.Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Last edited by rimoucha; 2010-08-10 at 06:04 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 470

Default Re: --Intensive Location updates--

Quote Originally Posted by rimoucha View Post
    Hello,

My Huawei GSM network is experiencing random intensive local updates (not related to one BSC,not related to one cell) which causes the CSSR to drop.Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Do you mean location uptates?
    Is it across whole network?
    Have you checked HPLMN timer?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! this problem affects cells randomly across the whole network(too many location updates for no clear reason) and at different times of the day.Please find attached an example.
    I didn't checked the HPLMN Timer,Could you please explain how this parameter impacts location update procedure? what are the recommended values?

Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Reputation: 67

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! this problem affects cells randomly across the whole network(too many location updates for no clear reason) and at different times of the day.Please find attached an example.
    I didn't checked the HPLMN Timer,Could you please explain how this parameter impacts location update procedure? what are the recommended values?

Many thanks

Mostly check those cells if they are LA boarder

Check if those cells are on BSC boarder as well

If No

Tell the core about your problem.. I mean you can specify that your BSC was ok then it becomes having too much LA updates

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Very interesting. We have the same problem in our network using E*******! They term them LAC storms, and they are telling us they are caused by some faulty handset which however cannot be identified as neither the IMEI or the IMSI are sent in the channel request message.. Have you raised this with your vendor?

Thanks for your Reply.
    Mosly =>The impacted cells are neither on LA border nor on BSC border.
    Wolverine =>We have already raised the problem to our vendor but until now the issue is under investigation.If there is any updates I will let you know.

Hello,

Many thanks
    Thanks for your Reply.
    Mosly =>The impacted cells are neither on LA border nor on BSC border.
    Wolverine =>We have already raised the problem to our vendor but until now the issue is under investigation.If there is any updates I will let you know.
    Then it is core problem ask the core to solve and how long this problem is coming like this ??
    which vendor you are treating with ??

Hello,

The problem appeared from the beginning but now as the network grows it's becoming more and more frequent.Vendors: BSS part=Huawei,Core part=E*******.
    Do you know what kind of core problem could it be?

Best Regards,

Hello,

The problem appeared from the beginning but now as the network grows it's becoming more and more frequent.Vendors: BSS part=Huawei,Core part=Ericsso n.

Best Regard s,
    I used to raise Trouble Ticket to core network and there was one guy taking care of many things like IP planning and he used to solve the problem ,,, the problem was solved many times

In your case as the BSS is Huawei : I suggest to raise trouble ticket to Huawei so they can trace the BSC or the RNC and gove you back the logs so you can analyize more and more ..usually Huawei porblems are software problems so they update the software
    then if not solved you can raise Trouble Ticket to E******* core network which is probaply they have problem so they solve this problem

Member Reputation: 47

Smile Re: --Intensive Location updates--

Hello,

The problem appeared from the beginning but now as the network grows it's becoming more and more frequent.Vendors: BSS part=Huawei,Core part=E*******.

Best Regards,
    We had the same...
    and we discovered that the LU reject cause was changed. Then, the mobile phone kept on doing LU !!!

I went to simulate on the old TEMS900 those LU reject causes and it is true... I dont quite recall now but if you have PLMN invalid as reject cause the phone KEEPS on doing LU attempts. So after a huge fuzz core people never explained why happened but they fixed it with a patch very fast....

Im not saying is your problem, just to let you know that the phone behaves differently in regards the LU_reject cause

hugs!