Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Model Tuning Help Required

Member Reputation: 298

Default Model Tuning Help Required

hi all,

is there anyone who has an experience on model tuning (GSM /UMTS 2100 ) , please PM(private message) me , its urgent requirement.

Regards,
    Faib

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 17

Default Re: Model Tuning Help Required

hi,
    what you want to know

Member Reputation: 61

We did several model tuning for 900/1800/2100 in Europe.
    We collected measurement on live network (with a scanner with BSIC decoding) and also set up test transmitters and measured the CW signal.

Hello Guys,I have a question, I can do model tuning with the nodeB transmiter?, How I do a model tuning with the measurements of the live network, I mean I have a cluster with 3 transmiter sectors and I can capture the RSSI of this 3 transmited sectors of diferent Scrambling codes, I can do a model tuning with this measurements?

Member Reputation: 143

I did a model tuning project for a new operator in 2007.
    May be i have the whole procedure for it.I will search it and as soon as i find it will be posted.

Someone we know if I can do tuning model with a live network measurement I mean RSCP of each PSC or with RSSI of this PSC, not with external transmiters?
    Thanks a lot !!!!

Member Reputation: 214

Quote Originally Posted by optimplanner View Post
    Someone we know if I can do tuning model with a live network measurement I mean RSCP of each PSC or with RSSI of this PSC, not with external transmiters?
    Thanks a lot !!!!
    i tried it with live network as scanning with GSM ithink we got a good results with average error almost close to zero

Member Reputation: 20

Thanks a lot !!!!
    The problem with UMTS is as soon as you drive from the "test" site into the next site, the signal quickly becomes interfered as there is no SHO happening while you are measuring the CPICH. Ideally for an urban model you would want to measure down to say -100 or -105 and you are not going to be able to do this in most markets and still be able to decode the PSC.
    The plus side is you have LOTS of transmitters to use/choose from so you can easily drive many of them to tune the model. So you should be able to get a very accurate model, but only for a somewhat limited range of signal levels because of the limitation noted above. Which still might be good enough for what you need the model for.

-Deuce-
    Last edited by optimplanner; 2010-07-20 at 08:21 AM

For this I use PC-Tel Scanner, this scanner measurement level of -120 dbm in fast scanning mode, this scanner don't realize SHO, this monitoring all PSC.
    I try to use model tuning with PSC, for me is better because I can measurements a lot of signal for diferents trnasmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by d0000h View Post
    The problem with UMTS is as soon as you drive from the "test" site into the next site, the signal quickly becomes interfered as there is no SHO happening while you are measuring the CPICH. Ideally for an urban model you would want to measure down to say -100 or -105 and you are not going to be able to do this in most markets and still be able to decode the PSC.
    The plus side is you have LOTS of transmitters to use/choose from so you can easily drive many of them to tune the model. So you should be able to get a very accurate model, but only for a somewhat limited range of signal levels because of the limitation noted above. Which still might be good enough for what you need the model for.

-Deuce-

Member Reputation: 20

For this I use PC-Tel Scanner, this scanner measurement level of -120 dbm in fast scanning mode, this scanner don't realize SHO, this monitoring all PSC.
    I try to use model tuning with PSC, for me is better because I can measurements a lot of signal for diferents trnasmitter.
    Yes but if you are -105 from cell A, then you are probably measuring -70 from cell B or C or D, and can no longer decode your PSC from cell A which mean you cannot use the data point for model tuning (for cell A). That was the point of my first post.