Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: UE behavior in Idle mode related to S_intrasearch, S_intersearch...

Member Reputation: 144

Default UE behavior in Idle mode related to S_intrasearch, S_intersearch...

Hello experts,
    In my 3G NSN system, I set
    "Qqualmin = -18 dB,
    Sintrasearch = 10dB,
    Sintersearch = 8dB,
    Ssearch_RAT = 4dB"
    Take Sx = Q_qualmeas - Qqualmin, and in theory, we have :
    Intra-Frequency measurement thresholdSintrasearch
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform intra-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > Sintrasearch, the UE does not perform intra-frequency measurements. If Sx <= Sintrasearch, it performs intra-frequency measurements.
    Inter-Frequency measurement thresholdSintersearch
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx <= Sintersearch, it must perform inter-frequency measurements, but if Sx > Sintersearch, there is no need to perform this type of measurement.
    Inter-RAT measurement thresholdSsearchRAT m
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-system measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > SsearchRAT m, it won‘t conduct measurements on cells of radio access technology “m”. But if Sx <= SsearchRAT m, it has to do these measurements.

In driving test, I found that S_intrasearch, S_intersearch and S_searchRAT are signaled by UTRAN. (In signaling window of TEMS Investigations by E*******, I found these parameters)
    and Q_qualmeas = -5dB, so Sx = -5 - (-18) = 13 dB > S_intrasearch. So, in theory, MS does not measure all neighboring cells. However, I find that MS keeps measuring intra-frequency neighbor cells. It makes me confused .
    I raised this issue to an expert, he said that it is a feature of RAN NSN. I tried to dig this feature but no light until now.

Any one in this 4rum could tell me why or any docs relating to this feature ? Apprecite

Thank you so much for your consideration. Hope get feedback, bros.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 119

Default Re: UE behavior in Idle mode related to S_intrasearch, S_intersearch...

your theoretical analyze part is correct.
    I need the log file for further investigation with Actix.

Regards
    eritelecom

Member Reputation: 53

Qqualmin should be 18

Member Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonsem View Post
    Qqualmin should be 18
    min Ec/No 18 db ???????????
    this will prevent cell selection for Ec/No less than 18 db
    since sx = Qmeas - Qqualmin > 0 to select the cell

Member Reputation: 34

Some interesting stuff, I am anxious to see what will come out of it

Member Reputation: 143

Quote Originally Posted by leteo View Post
    Hello experts,
    In my 3G NSN system, I set
    "Qqualmin = -18 dB,
    Sintrasearch = 10dB,
    Sintersearch = 8dB,
    Ssearch_RAT = 4dB"
    Take Sx = Q_qualmeas - Qqualmin, and in theory, we have :
    Intra-Frequency measurement thresholdSintrasearch
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform intra-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > Sintrasearch, the UE does not perform intra-frequency measurements. If Sx <= Sintrasearch, it performs intra-frequency measurements.
    Inter-Frequency measurement thresholdSintersearch
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx <= Sintersearch, it must perform inter-frequency measurements, but if Sx > Sintersearch, there is no need to perform this type of measurement.
    Inter-RAT measurement thresholdSsearchRAT m
    If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-system measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > SsearchRAT m, it won‘t conduct measurements on cells of radio access technology “m”. But if Sx <= SsearchRAT m, it has to do these measurements.

In driving test, I found that S_intrasearch, S_intersearch and S_searchRAT are signaled by UTRAN. (In signaling window of TEMS Investigations by E*******, I found these parameters)
    and Q_qualmeas = -5dB, so Sx = -5 - (-18) = 13 dB > S_intrasearch. So, in theory, MS does not measure all neighboring cells. However, I find that MS keeps measuring intra-frequency neighbor cells. It makes me confused .
    I raised this issue to an expert, he said that it is a feature of RAN NSN. I tried to dig this feature but no light until now.

Any one in this 4rum could tell me why or any docs relating to this feature ? Apprecite

Thank you so much for your consideration. Hope get feedback, bros.

Hi leteo,

Just one question, how would know if the UE is performing intra-freq measurements?

The SIB messages are continually sent from BCCH, these are not all read by the UE depending on the RRC sub-states.

Member Reputation: 144

Quote Originally Posted by cococrunch View Post
    Hi leteo,

Just one question, how would know if the UE is performing intra-freq measurements?

The SIB messages are continually sent from BCCH, these are not all read by the UE depending on the RRC sub-states.
    Some pictures are for your info.
    Logfile is too large, I can not post on 4rum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.1 KB, 118 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (32.0 KB, 118 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (27.3 KB, 117 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (27.6 KB, 117 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member Reputation: 33

Hi,

I think its better for you to upload the log file in rapid share or any free downloading site.Its better to see the log file to assess properly.

The thing is intrafrequency measurements will only be triggered when the reselection parameters were attained so its very interesting to see your experience.

Br,

Sen

Member Reputation: 53

Quote Originally Posted by banisha View Post
    Some interesting stuff, I am anxious to see what will come out of it
    it's true... let's waiting to see

VIP Member Reputation: 1593

Smile Re: UE behavior in Idle mode related to S_intrasearch, S_intersearch...

Dear leteo!

Can you upload to another link such as ifile, rapidshare, mediafire...

I think that it is better than the description through pictures.

Waiting for the uploaded logfiles for this issue.
    ptt3i.
    Knowledge is nothing unless it is shared!
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ptt3i