PDA

View Full Version : URA planning

josef
2010-05-26, 02:18 AM
Dear Brothers,

I need documentation about URA planning.

If anyone can help, I'll be grateful :)

Thanks by avdance,

Josef

oldie
2010-05-26, 03:35 AM
And what is URA?

josef
2010-05-26, 04:21 AM
And what is URA?

UTRAN Registration Area

Mctest
2010-05-26, 04:25 AM
And what is URA?
It stands for UTRAN Registration Area. UEs in a URA_PCH state can be accessed through the paging by URA zone.URA its RNC level term.

josef
2010-05-26, 01:24 PM
Brothers,

No documents? No experts ?

Thank u by adavance

Jo

gprastomo
2010-05-26, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Firstly i want to explain little bit about this URA and Cell Update :

On PS Call, Ue on Cell PCH, If URA is not activated, so Cell Update will take place. RNC will know till cell level, so To reach the ue, if there is paging so it will easily page the ue, if the ue change the cell so cell update will take place. If URA is activated, Cell PCH will replaced by URA PCH.
URA consists of list of cell, the concepts almost same as LAC, but this consists of cells with small amount.
The purposes of URA almost the same as LAC, if ue on URA PCH, so instead of page the ue on cell level, it will be paged on URA base. If URA size is so big so it wont be efficient because all the ue belong to the same URA will listen the PS paging which is not necessary, but if the URA is tooo small, it will make URA update so frequently -> Signalling on SCCPCH will so high.
SO you need to dimension this URA. I never plan this URA but ill give some hints :
1. the paging capacity on Radio interface on UMTS is so high if we compared to GSM. In UMTS, it can page till 8 Ue, but GSM only 4 ue (all TMSI). So almost no issue on Paging on Radio, but it will have problem if MTC traffic is sooo high. If you design 1 URA consists of 2 Sites, i think no problem, because without activating this URA, Cell level is differentiate so by grouping by 2 sites so it will consists 6 cells.
2. You have to calculate the Sccpch load, and i believe by activating this URA the SCCPCH load will decrease. Why ??because by deactifate the URA means cell update will take place so more signalling, the by activating this URA will have less signalling, so SCCPCH load will decrease. SO i think no need exact plan for this one.
3. THen you have to measure the Cell update due to paging response. If this value already very high means more than SCCPCH capacity that it can handle so activating the URA will dangerous, why ? because activating the URA will increase the paging load on URA. I suggest this value still small, so you have to calculate the exact size of URA. Firstly you have to make calculate the maximum cell update due to Paging response the divided by maximum size of Paging PS when ue on Cell PCH. If the size is < 1 so no critical issue about the URA size.

br

Brothers,

No documents? No experts ?

Thank u by adavance

Jo

zeuscane
2010-05-26, 06:20 PM
You can see
http://www.umtsworld.com/technology/overview.htm

Zeuscane