PDA

View Full Version : Interference checking during drive test

simmus0300
2010-05-21, 10:04 PM
1. How interference can be checked during drive test using Tems investigation ?.
2. In the case of same BCCH of two cells of two diff. sites,how a new BCCH can be serched (given) using tems investigation or mapinfo if there are total 12 Bcch available to avoid interference.

RF engineer
2010-05-22, 12:42 AM
1. How interference can be checked during drive test using Tems investigation ?.
2. In the case of same BCCH of two cells of two diff. sites,how a new BCCH can be serched (given) if there are total 12 Bcch available to avoid interference.
you can see C/I less than 12 dB means you have problem or high RX level and low RX Quality together means also you have problem.
for the same BCCH the system read any request for both cell as new channel request or handover command and for BCCH planning it is depend on your planning keen how to plan if you 12 BCCH .
BR
RF

simmus0300
2010-05-25, 11:13 AM
2. In the case of same BCCH of two cells of two diff. sites,how a new BCCH can be serched (given) using tems investigation or mapinfo if there are total 12 Bcch available to avoid interference.

any more idea.

zoro78
2010-05-25, 05:45 PM
i think the most usefull tool to check interference is to perform frequency scan specially is u have separated bands between BCCH and TCHs, u can decode the BSIC and knoe interfering cells exactly

simmus0300
2010-05-26, 08:51 AM
i think the most usefull tool to check interference is to perform frequency scan specially is u have separated bands between BCCH and TCHs, u can decode the BSIC and knoe interfering cells exactly

how frequency scan can be done to check interference ?

banisha
2010-06-06, 12:45 AM
Use a GSM scanner, choose the channels to measure (your BCCH channels band) and enable decoding BSIC.
When scanning, if you see same BCCH but different BSIC, you have a problem with interference.
BR