PDA

View Full Version : Protocol Analyzer

riverstreamer
2008-07-14, 07:50 PM
Hi

Do anyone has or know any application that let us exploring or analyzing the outputs of Protocol Analyzers?

It is obvious that each Protocol Analyzer has it's own output format and structure, but there is a format that all Protocol Analyzers can make export to that.

I'll be thankful for your details.

Yours/

optima2
2008-07-14, 10:12 PM
Which processing tool were you looking for? (YuGong2k4@yahoo.com)

[ Last edited by optima2 at 2008-10-4 11:32 ]

riverstreamer
2008-07-15, 07:01 PM
Hi guy

The "Protocol Analyzer" model is " 8635 - Telecom Protocol Analyzer ".
http://www.jdsu.com/product-literature/8635_ds_cpo_tm_ae_1007.pdf (http://www.jdsu.com/product-literature/8635_ds_cpo_tm_ae_1007.pdf)

I'll be thankful for your details and help.

Yours/

[ Last edited by riverstreamer at 2008-7-15 18:12 ]

hassen
2008-07-16, 04:27 AM
Hi
I can help you ,but if it is possible to give me some details ,I mean what do you want,
read tracing file or make analyzing.
I think for the first time try to make a link between counters and messages ,understand
formula,and have the possibility de get the trace file from tester like tektronix K12 or K15.
here you can read any trace file ,for analyzing ,you just convert to excel file and use some
mathematic formula in order to calculate Kpi of your network.

anita_2k
2008-07-16, 04:06 PM
Hassen is correct. In fact there are lots of protocol analyzers like Tektronix and Nethawk. You should be needing any of this tool to snife between network elements. But you may also use wireshark for it is a freeware. Huawei also has their own OSS tools to dump counters (real time and history) using M2000/Nastar.

[at] Optima2

I believe you are using Aircom Optima in your company to collect counters to process certain KPIs right? Can you guide us on how to setup a standalone Optima on any machine? Do you have resources or procedures? Currently, we all have version 6 of Aircom plus crack from Nempez. Aircom Optima is also activated on his crack, so maybe, we can try it as well if you don't mind.

kaka.enine
2008-07-16, 05:29 PM
Original posted by <i>anita_2k</i> at 2008-7-16 15:06 <a href="http://www.5inetop.cn/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=17188&ptid=1073" target="_blank">http://www.5inetop.cn/images/common/back.gif</a><br />
Hassen is correct.&#160;&#160;In fact there are lots of protocol analyzers like Tektronix and Nethawk.&#160;&#160;You should be needing any of this tool to snife between network elements.&#160;&#160;But you may also use wireshark&#160;&#160;... <br />

I absolutely agree,

hassen
2008-07-17, 04:49 AM
Hi friend
we are all waiting for your comment

hassen

optima2
2008-07-17, 02:35 PM
To anita_2k:
No, I am not talking about AirCom products. If you are really serious, you may PM me with your detailed requirements, we may be just able to help you.

riverstreamer
2010-07-31, 04:55 AM
Hi friend
we are all waiting for your comment

hassen

Hi Hassen

I excuse you and others for a small long delay in replying the subject :p ;) i explain you.
Indeed at the time, We were in hurry and it was a bad impact on ou network;(at the time I forget to recheck the page after my last message and I became much busy on the problem)
And what that I remeber that I did:
I ask for the huge export of the protocol analyzer; i read fastly the guide related to set; I read the documents in the subject of problem and i extracted the necessary indicators name with their details.
Then I imported the huge exports to ACCESS as just ACCESS, SQL and Oracle support such big files not a weak Excel. I extracted my required fields from Access by filtering and the I imported the results to Excel, then I used the macro and analyzed all signalling messages and results related to this subject :) the result was much attractable for the tops ;)

Voila, this was the story. Today by accident i saw this time and checked it; as i found the guys and specially my dear friend, hassen, had asked me for feedback, I decided to write this messages for respecting to his request, eventhough it is a little late ;) about 2 years I think :p excuse me a gain.

Anyway i'll be thankful again If you have a protocol analyzer general software; It is not bad that we have such think in hand ;)

For WireShark that the guy said me :) I know this software very well; If you have worked with it lik me, surely you know tat it is for analysing and tracing a series of log files and data traces, not netwrok "inter-main eauipments" signallings

Yours,
riverstreamer
:)