PDA

View Full Version : question related to E1 and GPRS for finetopix experts ?

coursekec
2010-05-19, 08:44 PM
In my network system, one TS is allocated to 16 kbps. 1 TRX is equal to 8 TS. i.e. In 32 time slots of the E1 link, one TRX occupies two time slots. Recently i came to know that with some form of coding in GPRS (may be it is CS4 or something), we are able to get speed of 22 kbps for one TS. How it is possible because the maximum possible rate with E1 is 2.048 kbps...?? can anyone explain this ?

this is an awesome forum...please help me experts..?

RF engineer
2010-05-19, 09:55 PM
In my network system, one TS is allocated to 16 kbps. 1 TRX is equal to 8 TS. i.e. In 32 time slots of the E1 link, one TRX occupies two time slots. Recently i came to know that with some form of coding in GPRS (may be it is CS4 or something), we are able to get speed of 22 kbps for one TS. How it is possible because the maximum possible rate with E1 is 2.048 kbps...?? can anyone explain this ?

this is an awesome forum...please help me experts..?
E1 time slot is not 16 kbpe it is consist of 64 kbps which gives 4 ( 16 kbps subtimeslot) so for CS4 theoretically can get 20 kbps with out calculation of overhead which can be handle if E1 for this cell is define 2 ( 16 kbps).
BR
RF

coursekec
2010-05-20, 05:42 PM
E1 time slot is not 16 kbpe it is consist of 64 kbps which gives 4 ( 16 kbps subtimeslot) so for CS4 theoretically can get 20 kbps with out calculation of overhead which can be handle if E1 for this cell is define 2 ( 16 kbps).
BR
RF

thanks for the reply..can u explain more clearly about CS4 please and in particular this line "CS4 theoretically can get 20 kbps with out calculation of overhead which can be handle if E1 for this cell is define 2 ( 16 kbps)."

RF engineer
2010-05-20, 08:24 PM
thanks for the reply..can u explain more clearly about CS4 please and in particular this line "CS4 theoretically can get 20 kbps with out calculation of overhead which can be handle if E1 for this cell is define 2 ( 16 kbps)."
which mean throughput in the application layer ( not RLC/MAC layer).
BR
RF