PDA

View Full Version : how to make .tab file in mapinfo ?

coursekec
2010-05-14, 05:54 PM
I made the .cell file in excel .I am new to mapinfo. How to make .tab file in mapinfo for use in TEMS investigation ? please help me..

thanks in advance..

Rooster[BG]
2010-05-14, 07:45 PM
To create MapInfo tab file with site data you need a plugin to "draw" the actual Cells on the map (need azimuth and beam width).

You can search the forum, there are few plugins for that.

SiteSee is a good one.

babeka
2010-05-14, 11:58 PM
I made the .cell file in excel .I am new to mapinfo. How to make .tab file in mapinfo for use in TEMS investigation ? please help me..

thanks in advance..

Hello!

Go to
http://www.finetopix.com/showpost.php?p=67663&postcount=1

Please add Reputation!

Best Regards
babeka

mamunipati
2010-05-15, 01:15 AM
Dear Friend,
For Mapinfo tab u need at least 5 thing in ur excel (cell site database)
1:Site name
2: Sector Name
3: Sector ID(eg: v1, v2, v3)
4: Lat & long
5: Azimuth(or Bearing)
6: Beam width

There is a cell tool , using which u can make cell site database sectorwise in .tab format.

For further more information just PM me i will send u print screen..
Thanking U
mamunipati

thanks in advance..

freakturd06
2010-05-21, 12:40 AM
;83978']To create MapInfo tab file with site data you need a plugin to "draw" the actual Cells on the map (need azimuth and beam width).

You can search the forum, there are few plugins for that.

SiteSee is a good one.

---------------------------------------------------------

trainee10
2010-05-21, 03:54 AM
HI,
you need to s_info.tab file which have all the sites for your particular market, you need streets and name .tab file like every market have some files for eg: atlanta have ATD.tab, carolina has NCD.tab and finally you should have sample cluster map in order to draw or create map info tab file.

If you have all these then in 3-4 steps you can create map info tab file.

thanks
you can add reputation and thanks
bye.

coursekec
2010-05-21, 03:13 PM
HI,
you need to s_info.tab file which have all the sites for your particular market, you need streets and name .tab file like every market have some files for eg: atlanta have ATD.tab, carolina has NCD.tab and finally you should have sample cluster map in order to draw or create map info tab file.

If you have all these then in 3-4 steps you can create map info tab file.

thanks
you can add reputation and thanks
bye.

can u provide me the screen shots please. i have the cluster map.

sonerss
2010-05-21, 08:34 PM
Hi

Screenshoots are in the attachment.

Add tnx and rep and i'll send you the pass

BR.

can u provide me the screen shots please. i have the cluster map.

trainee10
2010-05-22, 12:57 AM
screen shot of what?
drawn map or what?

bye

janner
2010-06-04, 12:32 AM
its so simple
1 st u must open your file.xls in map info
2 nd u chek radio buton use row above selected range for colomn titles and click ok
3 change type long and lat to float the other change to other type
4 and click tabel ====> create points

divine what x and y

have a nice try

zee86
2010-12-14, 03:42 AM
bro any can share the full user guide for Mapinfo i need it

mkk123
2011-01-14, 11:15 PM
THANKS VERY MUCH
CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT HOW CREATES SITES AND SECTORS BY MAPINFO OR ANOTHER SOFTWARE TO USE INSIDE TEMS INVISTIGATION

MKK:)

sonerss
2011-01-14, 11:29 PM
you can use make sektor

THANKS VERY MUCH
CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT HOW CREATES SITES AND SECTORS BY MAPINFO OR ANOTHER SOFTWARE TO USE INSIDE TEMS INVISTIGATION

MKK:)

berkas
2011-02-13, 01:28 PM
how to download this file???

nrandjelovic
2011-02-13, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

You can use Mapinfo mapper, it creates very good shapes of sites.
Also, if you put some sector statistic in xls. file, before making tab, you can make thematic maps later dedicated to call drop, call success ratio...This is very helpfull for network troubleshooting.

Consul_Thor
2011-08-15, 02:36 PM
If your idea is to create a route to DT, you have to open the map of the city that interests you, then open a new layer in the current map, select the edition of this new layer and see that activates the palette to draw, there forward design enabled these lines, areas, etc.

If you want to create sites, you should have an excel with the names of the sites and their coordinates as mininmo. Then in MapInfo looking to import and open your file. After that you look for in MapInfo "create points," use your imported table and you create a file with points.

If you want to create sectors, shall use the tool "SiteSee" or similar. This tool is very intuitive.

I hope this little guide will help you.