Hello!

New version of COOL program, PORTABLE and FREE, one *.exe file

Google Map Buddy 1.4
http://augmentedrealitysoftware.co.uk/gmb.html

Best regards
babeka

Latest version 1.4
Changes in 1.4:
- Put the different maps into a new toolbar where you can manually select which one(s) you want. You can also specify a custom download URL should the Google servers change
- You can download and stitch from multiple sources (e.g. map/satellite/terrain etc) all in the same operation.
- You can save the stiched images into sub-folders if you want to. - Re-wrote the stitching tool to use a different image library (CxImage). Successfully tested a MASSIVE 24000 x 19000 satellite download, should be big enough for almost everyone
- New 'Hybrid' map feature where you can download the transparent hybrid layer of Google maps (the one overlaid over satellite images)
- You can input your own custom maximum map size (because 21 appeared for some areas - I'm sure higher ones will appear soon)
- Please ignore the new latitude and longitude figures on the toolbar - I believe they are very incorrect. If someone knows of an algorithm to translate google map tiles to long/lats that works please let me know - I translated an algorithm I found on the net but its not working.

Changes in 1.2:
- Who knew there were 19 zoom levels, wow. Changed program to use 19.
Changes in 1.1:
- Allowed access to global Google map sites (China, Japan, Taiwain) for language specific city names without the English equivalent
- Corrected drawing of rectangle so that you don't always have to drag from top-left to bottom-right

babeka
2010-05-27, 06:34 AM
From autor's site:
http://www.augmentedrealitysoftware.co.uk/gmb.html
I'm afraid that, due to the people at Google kindly informing me of their ToS I have removed the Google Map Buddy from this website, and any other websites its hosted on.
I hope that people who downloaded it got some use out of it - and if they still have their copies they should continue to work.
I'm afraid I won't be able to respond to any queries about the software, or develop it any further. If anyone knows or an alternative tool as good as or better than Google Map Buddy for creating offline large maps then let me know and I'll place a link up here.

I posted this excellent tool for all members of the forum, see below.
Many thanks to the author for this work.

no password

Good luck to all!
babeka

Processor
2010-05-27, 03:42 PM
Great tool....helped a lot in traffic analysis especially with the satellite images...

BTW does anyone have Google earth pro 5?

asifhaider919
2010-05-27, 08:10 PM
Great tool....helped a lot in traffic analysis especially with the satellite images...

BTW does anyone have Google earth pro 5?

Here is the link for the Google EA-rth PR-o 5

http://www.4shared.com/file/GUao5vfA/Google_Earth_Plus_50117339347.html
pass : finetopixx

can anyone tell how to get the satellite imagery from the Google MAp buddy??
i am trying it but its giving me the Map data

Processor
2010-05-28, 09:41 PM
Oh...its GE Plus....i already have that but i trust GE 5 professional would definitely be better.