PDA

View Full Version : Question Dormant state

k-lite
2010-04-28, 05:41 PM
Good Morning EVDO Masters :D

Hello, i have a question for u,

What is dormant state in EVDO Network?
I have a cases to Drive test Dormant handoff from 1xEVDO overlay to 1x area, i use CNT V5.92 software from ZTE Corp. How to test the handoff :confused:? Maybe someone knows about this test, please share your knowledge :).

B.R.
K-Lite

kamy
2010-04-28, 07:43 PM
Good Morning EVDO Masters :D

Hello, i have a question for u,

What is dormant state in EVDO Network?
I have a cases to Drive test Dormant handoff from 1xEVDO overlay to 1x area, i use CNT V5.92 software from ZTE Corp. How to test the handoff :confused:? Maybe someone knows about this test, please share your knowledge :).

B.R.
K-Lite

the dormant state is designed for saving traffic and also power consumption (maybe more reasons) whenever have no traffic between MS and network for a certain time interval (use can set them by AT command), MS will go to dormant state and wake up immediately if acquirement is happened.
In DT, from MS use should select both modes EVDO and 1X.
Depend on services under test, you should select the appropriate parameters
For HO, plz specify that you wanna which kind of "Handoff"

BRs,
Kamy

k-lite
2010-04-28, 10:07 PM
the dormant state is designed for saving traffic and also power consumption (maybe more reasons) whenever have no traffic between MS and network for a certain time interval (use can set them by AT command), MS will go to dormant state and wake up immediately if acquirement is happened.
In DT, from MS use should select both modes EVDO and 1X.
Depend on services under test, you should select the appropriate parameters
For HO, plz specify that you wanna which kind of "Handoff"

BRs,
Kamy

OK, I had set my modem use QPST to hybrid mode (DO and 1x), when dormant test handoff from 1xEVDO overlay to 1x area using Download/TCP test, is it true?
Or i've set my modem to idle mode?
which one is correct and make handoff test 1xEVDO to 1x area easier?
Thank you Kamy:)

kamy
2010-04-28, 10:27 PM
OK, I had set my modem use QPST to hybrid mode (DO and 1x), when dormant test handoff from 1xEVDO overlay to 1x area using Download/TCP test, is it true?
Or i've set my modem to idle mode?
which one is correct and make handoff test 1xEVDO to 1x area easier?
Thank you Kamy:)

Sometime the QPST has no affectness to some devices, you should confirm your devices. If there are some software used along with the device such as services manager, you should use them instead of QPST.
for easier, check some threshold in network side,
if you still not finish, we can talk by google

khalids
2011-06-29, 05:10 AM
Even though this is a late response, I still feel I should chip in a bit, just in case we have some other fellows interested in this topic.

First of all, dormant state in EVDO means a state where all resources between the AT and the PCF have being released (i.e Um, Abis, A8 interface), leaving only the interface between the PCF and PDSN (i.e A10 & PPP). Basically your air interface connection is closed but the PPP session remains open.

So I believe when carrying out Drive test for Dormant handoff from 1xEVDO overlay to 1x area.
1) Your terminal most be configured on hybrid mode (which will enable your terminal switch to 1x in the absence of EVDO signal.)
2) To carryout the test you must ensure you do not perform any download or upload activity. wait for 5mins to ensure that the terminal goes into domancy, then perform your drive test from the EVDO coverage are to the 1x only coverage area.

Hope this was helpful

Faruli
2011-07-05, 05:21 PM
Just try to test from 1XEVDO to 1X without any traffic on your AT.
Is that right? cause i did it last year and I was not really sure about my test...