PDA

View Full Version : Request - Documents on PEVQ (Perceptual Evaluation Video Quality)

cdmahn
2010-04-20, 12:22 AM
Hi all,

Please read brief intro about PEVQ at http://www.opticom.de/technology/pevq_video-quality-testing.html

PEVQ provides mean opinion score (MOS) estimates of the video quality degradation occurring through a network, e.g. in video telephony networks. PEVQ can be ideally applied to test video streaming, video conferencing and IPTV applications. The degraded video signal output from a network is analyzed by comparison to the undistorted reference video signal on a perceptual basis. PEVQ is based on the approach to model the human visual system with which anomaly perceived in the video signal can be detected and quantified by a multitude of key performance indicators (KPIs).

We have PESQ (ITU-T P.862) for speech/voice quality assessment for most countries worldwide, but there's no corresponding standard (recommendation) for video aspects. As far as I know, PEVQ is the only standard is approved as a part of ITU-T new recommendation J.247.

If someone have papers/documents about the topic, pls upload here.

Thanks in advance,

kamy
2010-04-20, 03:31 PM
take a look for that, for long time i have not taken care for this area. the MOS test for CDMA and GSM look like similar, but some differences actually. the MOS for CDMA a little bit lower than GSM. I enclosed one docs here, hope it could help.

knack
2010-07-24, 04:22 AM
Here is a document about it