PDA

View Full Version : Question NSN RNC Dimensioning

gprastomo
2010-04-19, 03:04 AM
Hi all,

Do you have NSN (RAS/RU) RNC Dimensioning Rule ?
Kindly let me know . If you need anything i ll be ready for exchange.
I found some RNC Dimensioning docs in this forum, but not quite detail.

br

kamy
2010-04-19, 03:43 AM
i'm not sure which docs you having. I enclosed some more from NSN, maybe useful for you a little bit

gprastomo
2010-04-19, 05:00 AM
i'm not sure which docs you having. I enclosed some more from NSN, maybe useful for you a little bit

THanks Kamy,

THe result of RNC Dimensioning should be like this, with given number of Node Bs (include CS, R99, HSDPA service) and Traffic Model, the RNC dimensioning should give the result of Number of RNCs needed, the Number Of STM1 required for IuB, Iu CS and Iu PS include the Traffic Descriptor (the bandwidth in CPS), how many VCs needed.

br

marceloenrique
2010-04-19, 05:23 AM

Hi Kamy

Please Attachments one file

1.- 1 file for 5 credit
2.- 5 File fpr 25 credit uffffffffffffff

thanks and reputation added jejejej

saludos

marceloenrique

kamy
2010-04-19, 09:21 AM
i combined to 1 file:

kamy
2010-04-19, 09:28 AM
THanks Kamy,

THe result of RNC Dimensioning should be like this, with given number of Node Bs (include CS, R99, HSDPA service) and Traffic Model, the RNC dimensioning should give the result of Number of RNCs needed, the Number Of STM1 required for IuB, Iu CS and Iu PS include the Traffic Descriptor (the bandwidth in CPS), how many VCs needed.

br

I'm wondering whether what you mean are look like as (example for PS calculation)

4.1.1 Gb Interface
The required bandwidth of the Gb interface is to maximize between the downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface and the uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface.
Downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average downlink traffic for per PDP context x 2G downlink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
Uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average uplink traffic for per PDP context x 2G uplink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
2G downlink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 56) Average size of packets
2G uplink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 39)/Average size of packets

The redundancy degree is generally 0, but it can be changed to 5% for RFI.

4.1.2 Iu Interface

Required capacity of Iu-PS = (Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users + Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users) x (1 + redundancy degree)
Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G non-HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user
Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user

BRs,
Kamy

paboya
2010-04-19, 10:33 AM
i combined to 1 file:

this is document that i look for :)
Great sharing..
if any document related with this topic available..
pls share...

paboya

gprastomo
2010-04-19, 03:49 PM
I'm wondering whether what you mean are look like as (example for PS calculation)

4.1.1 Gb Interface
The required bandwidth of the Gb interface is to maximize between the downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface and the uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface.
Downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average downlink traffic for per PDP context x 2G downlink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
Uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average uplink traffic for per PDP context x 2G uplink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
2G downlink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 56) Average size of packets
2G uplink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 39)/Average size of packets

The redundancy degree is generally 0, but it can be changed to 5% for RFI.

4.1.2 Iu Interface

Required capacity of Iu-PS = (Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users + Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users) x (1 + redundancy degree)
Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G non-HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user
Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user

BRs,
Kamy

Something like this, but CS dimensioning should be included as well...

br

paboya
2010-04-19, 04:38 PM
share please sir...
we always wait Mr gprastomo's sharing
usually usefull
:)

Something like this, but CS dimensioning should be included as well...

br

kamy
2010-04-19, 05:26 PM
as you requested, i enclosed the PS calculation formulas.
If it is useful, reps and thanks are welcome.
pw is default.

gprastomo
2010-04-19, 05:46 PM
Thanks Kamy&Paboya,

I just have this kind of doc.
There are some RNC dimensioning Rule also, but i need to read all of document :L .

Anyway, i need more practically :D

br

kamy
2010-04-19, 05:52 PM
go on with the bandwidth calculation by excel file.
enjoy,
Kamy

paboya
2010-04-19, 06:05 PM
u r welcome Sir...
Here we collect the theory
in field we do the practice ..

But practice without theory is same gambling..
:D

Anyway thanx for great sharing from the both Master
Kamy and gprastomo

Sorry i still cant do something for u all...
just suck ur sharing Sir
:)

Thanks Kamy&Paboya,

I just have this kind of doc.
There are some RNC dimensioning Rule also, but i need to read all of document :L .

Anyway, i need more practically :D

br

medbm
2010-04-19, 06:09 PM
thanks for sharing but can you please share the password

paboya
2010-04-19, 06:14 PM
check here..
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7611

thanks for sharing but can you please share the password

medbm
2010-04-19, 06:23 PM
thanks (i'm still new in this forum ),It's very useful documents ,i'm working on 3G "BSS" dimensioning.

gprastomo
2010-04-19, 07:28 PM
go on with the bandwidth calculation by excel file.
enjoy,
Kamy

I want to add rep to Kamy but actually i have to spread to rep first