PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA tput issue

mahe2020
2010-04-18, 05:37 PM
Hi Experts,

During HSDPA Tput testing , observed an strange issue with ALU NW in US( seatle -AT & T)
NW sends the HARQ Level TSN (Transmission Sequence Number) in order like
1,2,3 ....63 but each TSN contains RLC Blocks which are out of sequence numbers.So the Tput is bad for the UE..Its an wired behavior..
The RLCInSequnceDelivery parameter is set to FALSE.

Does anyone faced such issue or any specific reason for such type data scheduling ..

Thanks for ur feedback......

rayhan
2010-04-18, 08:39 PM
could you please let us know max phy layer throughput (HSDPA) supported by the device you are using for testing.

What is you network capability (HSPA)

Apart form this what is the scheduling algorithm set in your network?

Is is Round Robin or priority based (category of the device based.)

There could be so many reasons for low data throughput. So need more info from your end before we continue this topic .....:)

Other reasons for low data throughput:

What is max no. of HSDPA users permitted per NODE B, < admission control, congestion control>

if you like this reply please add repo as well .

mahe2020
2010-04-18, 09:00 PM
Hi Rayhan,

Thanks for the reply,am working in UE manufactured side .
From the UE logs , i can confirm that NW supports Cat 8, UE supports HSDPA Cat 8.No idea abt scheduling algorithm or max no. of HSDPA users.
Whatever the scheduling algm used in NW side, how come NW sends TSN in order and the RLC SN are out of sequence.Its strange...

Thanks& Regards

rayhan
2010-04-18, 11:23 PM
CAT 8 should be able to get max 10 HSDPA codes ....

thanks for providing more information humm I have not seen this kinda issue before ..since you are from handset testing domain <protocol testing>:)

could you please tell me chip set used in the device....is that chipset / handset is under development stage, I mean GCF certified ?

Wanna make sure that there are no 3G protocol stack issue.. :)

well my dear friend are you facing same issue with some other handset embedding some other chipset? This will give you more idea about the defect....Let me tell you one golden rule ...<from my exp> if you are doing handset testing always think your network is well optimized and issue is in handset ...and when you do network testing do the opposite...

apart from this this could be network issue .....as well try with diff phone and if problem presists then if possible shre your log file ..I can have look into it...cheers :)

mahe2020
2010-04-19, 12:37 AM
Hi
Thanks for tips and chip set is already available in European market ..so PCTRB & IOT are passed on US...

Will try to do Tput with other UE and let u know the status

Appreciate ur reply

mahe2020
2010-04-25, 05:23 AM
Hi ,

The same test is carried with other UE based on EMP solutions but the behavior is same (i.e) TSN are received in order but the RLC SN are not in order..example

Last RLC SN received is 1230 and next TSN the RLC SN is 300....such wired behavior repeated ....

If any clue for such behavior from NW point of view...

its purely dependent on HSDPA Scheduling mechanism...

Thanks in advance...

rayhan
2010-04-25, 09:32 AM
EMP paltform ....humm so you must be testing on some SE handset or E******* module (DebugMux or TEMS Beta 2.1).

Anyway your tests proves one thing that there is some issue in Network side, Am I correct ?

Apart from this as I have already communicated to you this could be definitely scheduling related issue. You can report this to Network Team there.....as there are log of parameters which could have affected data throughput.

Apart from this one last this you must do before reporting it , verify the same scenario on both units (EMP and DUT) on different network.

If possible could you please share you Logs?

mahe2020
2010-04-25, 02:49 PM
Hi rayhan,

The both UE has been tested with TMO NW and works fine..
How can i report the issue to NW team there..
Sorry at the moment not possible to share UE logs....
Thanks for ur feedback...

rayhan
2010-04-25, 04:24 PM
Just Tell Network team that you have observed Low Data Throughput under specific radio environment. (Share the Log Files with them if required.).

But before handing anything to them :

1. Ask how much throughput is expected in the love network. <Peak Time, Non-Peak Time>
2. Let them do investigation at their end and if required then share your investigation with th

Its good for your recognition with-in the team.

TC