PDA

View Full Version : Question EVDO trhoughput

k-lite
2010-04-16, 12:02 AM
Dear friends, a newbee has a question :D .

Does, anybody know, "why the Download throughput can't reach 3,1 Mbps, although i had drive test it with single user, single PN, C/I is above 13 and DRC around 3072?" :confused: How much the highest throughput (in theoretical and implementation)? :confused:

newbielinz
2010-04-16, 12:24 AM

Does, anybody know, "why the Download throughput can't reach 3,1 Mbps, although i had drive test it with single user, single PN, C/I is above 13 and DRC around 3072?" :confused: How much the highest throughput (in theoretical and implementation)? :confused:

3.1 only in physical layer, what you see was in application layer using program such DU meter etc.

chanakya
2010-04-16, 04:48 AM
3.1 Mbps possible only with full buffer application (scheduler always has data) such as FTP download and only in lab conditions with single user. also all the packets should be successfully transmitted in one slot itself. Practically in lightly loaded cells one can expect around 2 mbps thruputs.

aosan
2010-04-16, 04:54 AM

practical DL speed for EVDO REV_A is 1.5 Mbps

da_manole
2010-04-16, 06:36 AM
practical DL speed for EVDO REV_A is 1.5 Mbps

If SINR is 13 DRC should be 3072 DRC index 14 ,payload(bits)=5120
You should have the throughput when you are served 3072 or around.if you are alone ,and far away from this value you should start to dig.

k-lite
2010-04-16, 12:54 PM
to all: thanks for your reply :p . I'm already add thank's to you all. :)

3.1 only in physical layer, what you see was in application layer using program such DU meter etc.
@ newbielinz: 1. how to see the throughput in physical layer? any software can i use? :confused:

3.1 Mbps possible only with full buffer application (scheduler always has data) such as FTP download and only in lab conditions with single user. also all the packets should be successfully transmitted in one slot itself. Practically in lightly loaded cells one can expect around 2 mbps thruputs.
@chanakya: 1. what do you mean bout full buffer application?
2. "all the packets should be successfully transmitted in one slot itself", it's mean, should i make a data that it's equal to one slot size?

B.R.
K-Lite

chanakya
2010-04-16, 08:00 PM
By full buffer application it means that there is always data waiting at the scheduler to be transmitted to the mobile.

for second question, when the scheduler chooses to transmit using DRC index 14, it uses one slot for 5120 bits of data. This should be received and decoded successfully by the mobile without requesting for retransmission. All these factors affect the downlink throughput.