PDA

View Full Version : PS & HSDPA Drop Increase

chachajarv
2010-04-13, 12:36 PM
Dear All,

Need your help about PS & HSDPA Drop Increase after Cell FACH implemented. I use HW equipment. Any Idea?

onlygod
2010-04-13, 02:02 PM
What do you mean cell FACH was implemented? As far as I'm aware, cell FACH is always there, you can't disable it?

rosan
2010-04-13, 02:09 PM
CELL_FACH can be disabled by setting PS_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH to OFF. Normally directly DCH to Idle is suggested by the PS Inactivity timer

rosan
2010-04-13, 02:19 PM
Normally it is not suggested by Huawei to enable the CELL_FACH. Does this a requirement from customer to enable this?

mobilink999
2010-04-13, 05:52 PM
and what do you think can be remedy of this PS drop problem??

chachajarv
2010-04-13, 07:10 PM
Normally it is not suggested by Huawei to enable the CELL_FACH. Does this a requirement from customer to enable this?

yes.. this a requirement from customer to enable this..

PS Drop Increase for all site in RNC exspecially in 2nd carrier site..

chachajarv
2010-04-13, 07:14 PM
CELL_FACH can be disabled by setting PS_BE_STATE_TRANS_SWITCH to OFF. Normally directly DCH to Idle is suggested by the PS Inactivity timer

We Already set PS inactivity timer:

SET PSINACTTIMER: PsInactTmrForCon=1740, ProtectTmrForCon=20, PsInactTmrForStr=1740, ProtectTmrForStr=20, PsInactTmrForInt=1740, ProtectTmrForInt=20, PsInactTmrForBac=1740, ProtectTmrForBac=20, PSInactTmrForImsSig=1740, ProtectTmrForImsSig=20;

Any Idea? :D

chachajarv
2010-04-14, 04:40 PM
Any Ide? Need help please...

tukangoptim
2010-04-14, 07:33 PM
Any Ide? Need help please...

how about swap to other equipment ? :cool:
i heard the rumour out there other vendor doing fine.

dominky
2010-04-15, 08:47 AM
Dear All,

Need your help about PS & HSDPA Drop Increase after Cell FACH implemented. I use HW equipment. Any Idea?

How man fach attempts do you have, and whats the Setting for dch/hsdsch to fach Timer and to pch Timer?

gprastomo
2010-04-18, 10:18 PM
Dear All,

Hello Bos,

Yes, implementing CELL FACH will increase the DCR if the parameter is not optimize yet.

This can be analyzed through below :
1. CELL FACH is moving from CELL DCH to CELL FACH vice versa, so you can breakdown from which state it has fail, from DCH to FACH or FACH to DCH
2. Because utilize the FACH will make radio resource more efficient because it will reduce the Radio Load since there is less power control on FACH (Signalling), so it will have more chance to get drop
3. Changing to Cell DCH will need RAB Reconf, which has possibility to get drop.

You can propose strategy which utilize the FACH efficiently, you have to know the subscriber behaviour especially on PS Call, you cant push the subscriber which has high payload to cell fach. You can push only to cell fach only to users which has less download (eg chatting etc).

You can modify the payload threshold and timer to improve the drop call

br

gprastomo
2010-04-18, 10:23 PM
yes.. this a requirement from customer to enable this..

PS Drop Increase for all site in RNC exspecially in 2nd carrier site..

You have to observed your strategy first :
Let say, F1 for CS, F2 for R99+HSDPA, so the Common Signallng (FACH+PCH) should be at the F2, if it is on the F1 so it has possibility to have drop

br

anita_2k
2010-05-08, 01:51 PM
I have problem in NSN HS Drop rate...

after RU10 upgrade of RNC, suddenly HSPA Drop rate increase most likely due to increase in payload/traffic compared when the RNC still at RAS06.

any past experience how to resolve the problem? how about the FACH/PCH suggestion you mentioned, is it also possible at NSN equipment?

ps: adjs/adjg neighbors are properly optimized, no missing neighbors found; Qrxlevmin also modified to reduce coverage (but not done tilting the antenna).

reply is really appreciated.

BR/Anne

oswe
2010-08-03, 09:04 AM
I saw the same here in a new HW project.
PS drop increased from %0.3 to %1.6
but then we discovered another problem in RNC border cells ...after solving that problem we are now in %0.8 and is hard to go down for us...
:(

dk2000
2010-08-03, 10:46 PM
Hi All,

After we upgrade HW RNC to BSC 6910, the PS Call Drop decrease so much.

Can Expert explain this issue?

tpkj
2010-08-03, 11:45 PM
Hi All,

After we upgrade HW RNC to BSC 6910, the PS Call Drop decrease so much.

Can Expert explain this issue?

Which counter is influencing the KPI? It is necessary to do internal log trace of RNC for particular counter. Then it is necessary to check if mapping of this counter in procedure is OK.

I have seen this behavior last year, when we did swap to RU10.