PDA

View Full Version : Finding Faulty TRXs

turkzon
2010-04-10, 05:16 PM
Hi guys,

How can we find faulty TRXs on cell which has no any alarm?

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

ptt3i
2010-04-10, 06:03 PM
Hi guys,

How can we find faulty TRXs on cell which has no any alarm on?

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

Alarms on site?

Can you explain more detail in this situation, i.e what vendor...?

I'll share my experience in Nokia's vendor! I want to know the vendor you facing this problem.

BRs.

turkzon
2010-04-10, 06:16 PM
sorry , E*******...

Darko
2010-04-10, 06:41 PM
I often use MOTS stat. to investigate possible problems for new integrated sites. But I have never done large scale analysis.

radenmohawk
2010-04-10, 06:48 PM
You can get on MOTS statistic and find timeslot had highest drop count.
or You can lock-unlock each TRX and monitor KPI.

turkzon
2010-04-10, 07:02 PM
You can get on MOTS statistic and find timeslot had highest drop count.
or You can lock-unlock each TRX and monitor KPI.

I havent access to block/unblock TRXs and ı have to request this option from customer.
But ı dont want to request this one if ı am not sure 90 percent.

sorry but whats MOTS? ı didnt hear this one before.

Thanks

simmus0300
2010-04-11, 05:15 PM
I havent access to block/unblock TRXs and ı have to request this option from customer.
But ı dont want to request this one if ı am not sure 90 percent.

sorry but whats MOTS? ı didnt hear this one before.

Thanks

i also want to know.

kourbeh
2010-04-11, 06:52 PM
I dono much about E*******, but it is vry useful to check Radio Link unbalance, if doffrence is more than 10 dB or less than -10 dB (also depend on the Band GSM or DCS-)there is definitly a problem,
Also you can check if you have high frop on a particular TRX,

From Experiance some times the probles are because of software or Sync, when you (Lock/Unlock) the TRXs it might be solved, if not you can check it with the BSS team,

Cheers,
T

charommel
2010-04-11, 09:20 PM
Hi guys,

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

hi, you can have a look at this document. it's quite old but nothing changes much for E******* 2G. i have also uploaded a complete documentation on E******* 2G optimization in this link: http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7494 . check it out.

cocola
2010-04-11, 09:41 PM
thanks my friend. How do you do?

kourbeh
2010-04-12, 03:48 AM
Also if the TRX mean holding time is small, that's definitly mean that's the TRX is faulti :-)

Cheers,
T

kevin_h811
2010-04-13, 02:14 PM
hi turzon,

study your kpi stats, identify what sector has poor KPI, isolate the problem by collecting stats, per TRX allocation stats, HUAWEI has it using NASTAR, after collecting, identify TRX with LOWEST Success Allocation rate and high Call Drop rate.

Collect around 1 to 2 weeks so that u can study the trending.The one with the LOWEST Success rate is the one faulty or already depreciated.

regards\\

paboya
2010-04-13, 04:22 PM
U can see the TRX scanning..
if u use Siemens 2G u check CTRX statistic

Hi guys,

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

ithink
2010-04-13, 04:48 PM
Hi guys,

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

for ZTE Equipment, this is also happen, you can just known this from RF KPI, CSSR and/or CDR suddenly decrease,

for my experienced, if the error failure reason said "TimerExpired_Twaitorder" it means trx problem

k4conk
2011-03-28, 09:45 AM
I dono much about E*******, but it is vry useful to check Radio Link unbalance, if doffrence is more than 10 dB or less than -10 dB (also depend on the Band GSM or DCS-)there is definitly a problem,
Also you can check if you have high frop on a particular TRX,

From Experiance some times the probles are because of software or Sync, when you (Lock/Unlock) the TRXs it might be solved, if not you can check it with the BSS team,

Cheers,
T

Agree with this :lol

blackantt
2011-03-28, 10:24 AM
Alarms on site?

Can you explain more detail in this situation, i.e what vendor...?

I'll share my experience in Nokia's vendor! I want to know the vendor you facing this problem.

BRs.

please share your experience in Nokia's,we need it. thanks

kaizzer545
2011-03-28, 10:53 PM
As my experience for Huawei, you could monitor via KPI, even depend wich kind of problem are you looking for; what I mean is access or retinibility, thanks

tsiz
2011-03-28, 11:48 PM
Hi guys,

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

Most of the drops that could be a cause for a bad radio is either Sudden loss drops or Downlink/Quality drops.

The best and easiest way to troubleshoot these is to use the MOTS report. If you don't have access to MOTS, look at the stats for each sector and the type of drops. If you have 2 TRX, try blocking one for sometime and see if this reduces the drops, then you would know which one is a faulty radio.

At the same time, you can also check the output power of the TRX through OMT and see if there is a certain one that has low output power.

zaebolll
2011-03-29, 01:47 AM
Any advices for Nokia systems?

electron
2011-03-29, 03:12 AM
Hi,

The most affecting way to check TRX is try to check obe by one by blocking and check the performance and carried traffic.

This way is without consideration of vendor or equipment .

Processor
2011-03-29, 08:05 PM
Any ideas for Alcatel?

polo
2011-04-27, 01:24 AM
Hi,

On NSN network you can use SCANCTRX ,correlation RXqual/RXLEV.

BR

polo
2011-05-08, 06:55 PM
you can use SCANCTRX

agungpur
2011-05-12, 11:07 AM
you can use SCANCTRX

Can you tell, how to run SCANCTRX ...?

Thanks

aznax
2011-05-12, 03:29 PM
Hi guys,

whats your suggestions?

Thanks in advice..

Hi, u can just check statistic counters, "Number of TCH channels defined" - "number of TCH chanels available" , if available is less than defined then you have problems on your trx, if a cell utilisation is above 80% then TCH disappears and if its loaded too much then TRX will go down, in this case u need to lock unlock TRX, or restart your trx

gheeabby
2011-05-13, 03:05 PM
For E*******, block first the TRX that carrying the BCCH. let the BCCH transfer to another TRX. If this is effective then the blocked TRX is defective. Possible related problem is due to VSWR of the TRX.

HEIN
2011-05-13, 04:01 PM
sorry , E*******...
I am a beginner level. I don't know so much but I want to share the Sony E******* RBS 2000 BTS system presentation.May Be worth for you!!!!!!!!;)
Here is the link.
[/URL][URL]http://www.mediafire.com/?7q0c9nt1y8pe4to (http://www.mediafire.com/?7q0c9nt1y8pe4to)
Thanks

jimjim
2011-05-13, 05:00 PM
Dears,

Detecting faulty TRX or other devices has been a good subject to tackle when I used to work as a NOC operator.

I have never worked on E******* equipment but I will share my experience with ******** equipments. ******** built ther NOC on Solaris olatform, which means I was able to log into every BSC in the network, and check the status of any out of service device. this method was very efficient:lol because field engineers someday asked me how you are detecting these faults.

Later on ******** payed attention to this point and they developed a new product called NHA (network health analyst).

Now back to you dude, learn if there is any way to dump alarms from E*******. After that either prepare a mcaro on Excel or a shell script on Unix to filter and present the needed information in a nice readable format.

Unfortunately I am very busy these days, but perhaps I can recommend the best action to do.

Regards,

roots
2011-05-13, 05:00 PM
Any ideas for Alcatel?

Remove TRX preferred mark, than run a report by TRX in NPO
The TRX with less traffic can be faulty if you have a high TCH assignment fail in the cell.

xero
2011-05-13, 06:21 PM
We are running on NSN network TRX looptes available via MML.
xero

ludali
2011-05-13, 06:51 PM
Hello,

On E// BSS it's possible to check per TS (and therefore per TRX), the "number of abnormally terminated connections" represented by a counter "CONERRCNT" on object type "MOTS".

In analyzing the stats, a faulty TRU/dTRU can be identified because it will appear with the most/high count of CONERRCNT.

Alternatively, this can be found by MML command rxmfp of a cf.

BR,

Ludali

spatkad
2011-05-14, 09:27 PM
Hi turkzon,

1). Check the SSI for each TRX and see if it is within range (-3 to 3) If it is out of range then that TRX has aged.Hoping it has been working for long
2). Also chek the Channel utilisation per time slot of each tRX. This helps you know whether the TRX is carrying Traffic or not

Regards,
Spatkad

zeezzoo
2011-05-14, 09:56 PM
Hi turkzon,

1). Check the SSI for each TRX and see if it is within range (-3 to 3) If it is out of range then that TRX has aged.Hoping it has been working for long
2). Also chek the Channel utilisation per time slot of each tRX. This helps you know whether the TRX is carrying Traffic or not

Regards,
Spatkad

dear what do you mean by SSI . how i can get its value for a TRX .

spatkad
2011-05-14, 11:32 PM
Go to site and do the following:

1). Log onto an RBS 2000 cabinet
2). click connect
3). click maintenance
4). click monitor
5). select Diversity supervision meas
6). Select a couple of TRXC's you want to monitor
7). click start monitor
8). Wait for some few minutes for the event monitor to be displayed
9). When the event monitor is displayed, take a visual at the Signal Imbalance of all TRX time slots displayed on A-B,A-C,A-D e.t.c. In event the RX and TX cables you are using are new and OK, Then the TRX is concluded to be faulty when the SSI or signal strength imbalance values shown are out of range (-3dB to 3dB).
10). Also if the channel Utilization shows no traffic being carried at all on the time slots after long monitoring hours, then that TRX is faulty

Good Luck,
Spatkad

zeezzoo
2011-05-15, 04:02 AM
Go to site and do the following:

1). Log onto an RBS 2000 cabinet
2). click connect
3). click maintenance
4). click monitor
5). select Diversity supervision meas
6). Select a couple of TRXC's you want to monitor
7). click start monitor
8). Wait for some few minutes for the event monitor to be displayed
9). When the event monitor is displayed, take a visual at the Signal Imbalance of all TRX time slots displayed on A-B,A-C,A-D e.t.c. In event the RX and TX cables you are using are new and OK, Then the TRX is concluded to be faulty when the SSI or signal strength imbalance values shown are out of range (-3dB to 3dB).
10). Also if the channel Utilization shows no traffic being carried at all on the time slots after long monitoring hours, then that TRX is faulty

Good Luck,
Spatkad

thanks my friend for the quick & usefull reply

harrypotter
2011-09-28, 06:55 PM
We are running on NSN network TRX looptes available via MML.
xero

Can someone share the looptest procedure in NSN for ULTRASITES 2G

mond86
2011-09-28, 07:25 PM
Check using collection of stats for TCH Performance. The ones with poor or less counts of completed (with respect to attempted counts), are the ones with Poor TRX Performance.

polo
2011-09-28, 10:40 PM
Hi,

you should use scanctrx counters .

BR

Md.Moniruzzaman
2011-09-29, 01:16 PM
Incase of H// three methods
1. UL/DL path balance per TRX
2. TASR per TRX
3. Diversity per TRX

Inacse of E//
By putting rlcrp command in different time in a day & observe consecutive
8 bpc/1 TRX affect each time.
If this happen TRX may be faulty one (considering BTS power saving off)
Other one is TRX block/deblock

teletopix
2011-12-10, 08:30 PM
Good Doc on TASR is Here,

Low TCH Assignment Success Rate (http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?24943-Low-TCH-Assignment-Success-Rate)