PDA

View Full Version : TCH drops help......

aquatic
2010-04-09, 01:49 PM
I am facing the problem with the regular TCH drops of more than 1.5 some days reaching upto 5 and the drops occur after 6 in the evening.as i checked TA, FP,neighbour site everything seems to be ok.and the problem is only on one of the sector.Could any body help me out???

The equipment are of ZTE.

:confused:

Thanks in advance.

kamy
2010-04-09, 03:01 PM
I am facing the problem with the regular TCH drops of more than 1.5 some days reaching upto 5 and the drops occur after 6 in the evening.as i checked TA, FP,neighbour site everything seems to be ok.and the problem is only on one of the sector.Could any body help me out???

Thanks in advance.

have you do a check on Uplink interference/

gillete98
2010-04-09, 03:11 PM
.- You need to breakdown the drop on different causes (Abis, RF, etc)
.- TRX quality on UP/DL
.- TA stats
.- Alarms
.- 900 or 1800?. Using Common BCCH feature?
.- RLTO

cocola
2010-04-10, 12:53 PM
Drop appear one or two or whole site ? You need to analyse the driving test log file to find out the problem. If parametters are ok, then may be the hardware fault, swap feeder, etc...

turkzon
2010-04-10, 04:40 PM
Drop appear one or two or whole site ? You need to analyse the driving test log file to find out the problem. If parametters are ok, then may be the hardware fault, swap feeder, etc...

Hi Man;

he said only one sector but i think you didnt read it carefully:(

Lets come to the problem, can you give us more detailed KPIs about cell?
for example what about sdcch drops? HO performance or etc.
and also ı am recommending check daily statistics and go back 4-5 months,maybe you can see jumped tch drops..
no need Drive test at the moment,maybe you have ul interference..

good luck

apollo13
2010-04-10, 04:50 PM

Thanks in advance.

Did you checked the hardware? Maybe a radio with problems, or a combiner? How is the RXQual or the Interference Band measurements? If you find those problems in only one Radio you have to check if it is a Hardware problem or Frequency interference. I can see that your problem happens around 6PM, is this your Busy Hour? Are the drops related to capacity issues? You will have to analyze the drop per cause.

BR,

kamy
2010-04-10, 06:12 PM
Please check in the enclose docs, hope this will help you find some hints and also the solution. I recommend that you should pay attention to NBAP transactions.
questions are welcome.

aquatic
2010-04-11, 01:33 AM
Thanks everybody for the suggestion ..........i think i need to analyze it more .....regarding ur suggestions....

and as per the stat....have enough capacity to handle the amount of traffic....of course the it is the busy hour....and as i see the reason for the drop from the bss it says maximum of drops are due to link failure....eg. out of 73 drops 62 are due to link and reaming is due to handover failure....

and i am confused with link failure which i supposed to be is main problem...

thanks

apollo13
2010-04-11, 02:18 AM
Thanks everybody for the suggestion ..........i think i need to analyze it more .....regarding ur suggestions....

and as per the stat....have enough capacity to handle the amount of traffic....of course the it is the busy hour....and as i see the reason for the drop from the bss it says maximum of drops are due to link failure....eg. out of 73 drops 62 are due to link and reaming is due to handover failure....

and i am confused with link failure which i supposed to be is main problem...

thanks

When I said capacity issues it doesn't mean I'm talking only about this cell specifically, but I'm also talking about the Neighbor cells. If you don't have capacity enough on them... when you try to make a HO and the Neighbor can't accept (due to congestion) you will drag the call. As a result you will increase Quality/Interference problems and If you drag the call till a place where you don't have good Neighbors (or no Neighbors at all - not in your neighbor list) you will possibly drop the call due to impossibility to make HO. If your problem is related to RLTO (radio link time out) try to increase the timer T200. Try to make some drive-test and see if you have missing neighbors , dragged-calls and check if your HO parameters (e.g. RxLevelMin, HOM) are well adjusted.

Good luck.:)

jakarta11
2010-05-11, 09:19 PM
Hi,
I couldn't download these documentations, please could you send by email: alixukl11@gmail.com (alixukl11@gmail.com), thanks a lot.......