PDA

View Full Version : IP Trans Utilization in Huawei 3G

tukangoptim
2010-04-07, 05:10 AM
guys, does anyone know how to calculate IP Transmisson utilization per path in Huawei 3G system ? what counter and formula used ? :confused:
thx for your answer.

cimarron
2010-04-07, 07:48 AM
for IUB you can use
VS.IPDLAvgUsed / VS.IPDLTotal *100

for other interfaces like IU-PS user plane you can look at GTPU traffic counters.

tukangoptim
2010-04-07, 06:56 PM
for IUB you can use
VS.IPDLAvgUsed / VS.IPDLTotal *100

for other interfaces like IU-PS user plane you can look at GTPU traffic counters.

ok thanks a lot cimarron, i'll check it out.
so, in your experience range of normal value for 10M available bw ?

tukangoptim
2010-04-07, 07:06 PM
another thing, i find that VS.IPDltotal.1 always give value 100Mbit regardless of available bandwidth for nodeB. i have 10Mb capacity available but this counter still output 100Mbps.

and also, if i want to get utilization per path (example only path #4), what counter and formula used ?

need explanation here plz..... :rolleyes:

cimarron
2010-04-09, 10:24 PM
you are right my friend, is better to use ippath counters under VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER as
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.RX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.TX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.RX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.TX

tukangoptim
2010-04-10, 12:32 PM
you are right my friend, is better to use ippath counters under VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER as
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.RX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.TX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.RX
VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.TX

so far i'm using above counters but value output is very low.
logically when using 5 E1 ATM and then change to IP abut 10MB will give similar utlization value with same payload profile. but somehow i get utilization value for IP path is way far lower.
do u have same experience ? or are we working at the same project ? :D :D

cimarron
2010-04-11, 05:54 AM
so far i'm using above counters but value output is very low.
logically when using 5 E1 ATM and then change to IP abut 10MB will give similar utlization value with same payload profile. but somehow i get utilization value for IP path is way far lower.
do u have same experience ? or are we working at the same project ? :D :D

dear one question, but wich ippath are you looking??
at nodeb side there should be 3 per NodeB(or 2 configured depending the case).
so sum the used BW from all of these, and divide it by configured/engineered total BW.

rorellan
2010-04-11, 07:25 AM
Hi my friend, about the counter VS.IPDltotal.1 here also happens the same, always show 100M even the transmission is limited to 30M, i think it is because of the ethernet interface. So when i get the usage percentage with the counter VS.IPDLAvgUsed / VS.IPDLTotal *100
show a wrong value

tukangoptim
2010-04-14, 03:06 PM
Hi my friend, about the counter VS.IPDltotal.1 here also happens the same, always show 100M even the transmission is limited to 30M, i think it is because of the ethernet interface. So when i get the usage percentage with the counter VS.IPDLAvgUsed / VS.IPDLTotal *100
show a wrong value

correct my friend, and i wonder.. hmm.. perhaps do you ever make a list of huawei's wrong-value-counter ? :L :L :L