PDA

View Full Version : Software for Frequency Planning

commengr
2010-03-17, 11:42 PM
Hello forum

I am going to design a software in Matlab which can help Frequency Planners in their job, especially during cell splitting.

I want to know what are the requirements of Frequency planners and their wishes of what the software should have.

I would also appreciate if someone can provide me some kind of log files the test the algorithms.

I will, hopefully, complete the task and upload it here. (I'll do this in my free time and therefore it might take some time)

Thanks

I hope the members of finetopix.com will move positively....

Darko
2010-03-18, 02:21 AM
uffff... Matlab... :L
Matlab is sloooooooow.... :)

I am using TCP and I could give you the list of at least 1000 things that could be improved ... :mad:

I just finished working on a new frequency plan for 16 BSCs and now I think ... no no... I am sure that I am losing my hair .... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :mad:

tremalnike
2010-03-18, 04:06 AM
Yes, there is many professional programs for planers, but I think that your future Matlab simulation will be useful for educating purposes and why not for every day task one day.
I wish you success !
Which technologies you plan to use with ?

BR,
Tremalnike

commengr
2010-03-18, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Darko and Tremalnike

I will design the algorithm in Matlab and create an executable file so it would not be slow.

@ Darko: would you like to share the problems you were facing and how you got rid of them (the algorithms in industry that you would have used).

Also some basic files for testing

@ tremalnike: GSM to begin with. I'm doing a job that is not directly connected to industry but I'm very good at Matlab and one day want to come back to industry.

I can start by making basic software for algorithms that are given in books but I would still require some test files.