PDA

View Full Version : Drive test convert to roads

dmg123
2009-11-02, 10:57 AM
Hi, all!
When we finished a Drive Test, we can use Tems or Actix to export tab file about RxLev or Lat - Long,.. how to use Mapinfo to make points became lines (roads)? Anyone has good idea for it?:rolleyes:

singgih
2009-11-02, 04:32 PM
Exxport Logfile with Tems Data Collection with "mapinfo tab-file" format. then click setup to choose IE's you want to see at Mapinfo.

then export it..

in map info load the result of export and create the temathic map. so you can see it the result of your drivetest.

BR//

Singgih

corneliu
2009-11-02, 10:57 PM
So what are you looking for? Are you interested in having RxLev values in Mapinfo or you just want (as you said the "road" ) the drivetest route in order to follow the same scenario.
You may use Actix right click on map>map layers>export than chose one or all displayed attributes (furthermore you will have the same colors for the attribute in Mapinfo as in Actix legend). If you need only the route just override the style. The number of points is related to Actix binning.
If you are interested in creating segments in Mapinfo from successive points this is another story. Just be more specific
Best regards.
Corneliu

dsdd
2009-11-03, 10:33 AM
I think he wants to connect the points of drive test result, just like what you see in nemo analyzer.

dmg123
2009-11-03, 10:33 AM
Actually, I can use Actix to export to tab file. But I want to convert points data (e.g: rxlev) to lines data, to reduce file size :)

telwind
2009-11-03, 11:48 AM
Actually, I can use Actix to export to tab file. But I want to convert points data (e.g: rxlev) to lines data, to reduce file size :)

here: http://www.xtoolspro.com/tools.html

Mapinfo has a utility can do that.

dmg123
2009-11-03, 12:05 PM
here: http://www.xtoolspro.com/tools.html

Mapinfo has a utility can do that.

yes, many thanks :):rolleyes:

punto
2009-11-03, 03:40 PM
anybody has licence of x tools pro ?
here is trial ...

@telwind ... CAN YOU HELP WITH LICENCE ?

telwind
2009-11-03, 05:56 PM
anybody has licence of x tools pro ?
here is trial ...

@telwind ... CAN YOU HELP WITH LICENCE ?

i dont have it.

better try this the tool called "ConnectTheDots.MBX" working with Mapinfo.

punto
2009-11-03, 06:41 PM
OK, OK, OK ... thanks for info for the name of the tool ... ConnectTheDots.MBX
Here it should be available to download , ... did not check for viruses, so pls check it ...

hxxp://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l/browse_thread/thread/258895182fe36432
x=t

P:)

p.s. credits to Mr. telwind , please !