PDA

View Full Version : HUAWEI handset Diagnostics Interface

corneliu
2009-09-22, 05:58 PM
Hello,

do you have any idea regarding how to switch "3G PC UI Iterface" to "Handset Diagnostics Interface" in order to be able to connect Huawei handsets (MS Air interface) in TEMS Investigation.
There is an application "tool-portSwitch.exe" (http://pms.couei.co.jp/pms/pmswb/Utility/320/tool-PortSwitch.exe ) but is not working for handsets.
Any idea or hint will be appreciated. THANK YOU!

wolverine
2009-09-22, 06:03 PM
Connect to the modem port of the UE using hyperterminal and type...

AT^U2DIAG=0

...then re-connect the USB cable.

works on some Huawei products but not all. If it doesn't work let me know the specific product name and I might be able to help.

corneliu
2009-09-22, 06:27 PM
Connect to the modem port of the UE using hyperterminal and type...

AT^U2DIAG=0

...then re-connect the USB cable.

works on some Huawei products but not all. If it doesn't work let me know the specific product name and I might be able to help.
for at^U2DIAG=0 it returns ERROR message.
I'm trying to connect Huawei U120s handet to TEMS Investigation.
Thank you!

wolverine
2009-09-22, 06:57 PM
You can also try this..

On the phone..

1. Press *1673492846 followed by the down key to display the engineering menu.
2. Select Background settings > Diag port set, select USB DIAG.

This works on some handsets but not all. Maybe you are lucky..

crisnspro
2009-09-27, 12:08 PM
within the the engineering menu, you may enable the "Qualcomm background function", but you need the special NCK code.

corneliu
2009-09-29, 11:31 PM
within the the engineering menu, you may enable the "Qualcomm background function", but you need the special NCK code.
Yes you are right! The code suggested by markos does not unlock the engineering menu for my copy, but *1673495 followed by down key does! Indeed there is a “Qualcomm background function” option there but I do not have the “NCK” code for my handset

crisnspro
2009-10-02, 01:19 AM
forget the HUAWEI, you can use the Samsung connect the TEMS Investigation for all the qualcomm based testing.