PDA

View Full Version : Atoll Simulation - Addition of Low Band Increases Resource Saturation

BrinkMudget
2024-04-27, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I am performing an LTE FDD simulation on a small traffic map (8km^2) with varying user densities (10-50 users/km^2).
The area is served by 1 sector and 45 MHz of spectrum spread across three bands.
We will be using 40 MHz of carrier mid-band spectrum and 5 MHz of low band. The application requirement is ~300 kbps DL+UL and I've set the traffic load and DL/UL activity factors to 100%.
It is configured in the tool as 3 discrete transmitters with independent cells (on different bands) on the same site.

When I run the simulation and only utilize the 40 MHz of mid-band spectrum, the users are served. Great!

However, when I enable the low band spectrum to the simulation, the DL/UL traffic load on the low band reaches 100% (leaving the 40 MHz of mid band unutilized(1-2% utilization)), and 50-60% of users in the simulation are rejected due to resource saturation!

The RSRP of the low band is evidently higher in the traffic circle, and I am wondering if there is a setting in Atoll that manages intracell handovers or traffic management?
As a workaround should I lower the power of the low band?

Let me know if you have a clue :)

Cheers!

dmitry28
2024-04-27, 07:50 PM
Try using Layer. There you can set the priority for each Layer. You can also set an Individual offset at the cell level. You can change the Best server