PDA

View Full Version : Atoll and RSRQ Predictions

BrinkMudget
2024-04-18, 02:13 AM
Hey All,

Coming from an Infovista/Planet Shop, just joined in as a in-house RF guy with a group that owns Atoll.

Setting up the project and running predictions for LTE, I can't seem to find the RSRQ predictions? Of course there is C/(N+I) but I figured RSRQ would come standard?

Let me know if I am missing something.

Cheers

ranengpro
2024-04-18, 03:16 AM
You're right, RSRQ is a standard metric for LTE signal quality and Atoll should be able to predict it. C/(I+N) is related to RSRQ, but it doesn't provide the full picture.
Here are some possibilities to find RSRQ predictions in Atoll:

Menu Navigation: Double-check the Atoll menus. RSRQ predictions might be under a different name or nested within another prediction type. Look for options like "Coverage by Reference Signal C/I" or "Cell Quality."

Prediction Types: Sometimes, Atoll requires you to specifically choose the prediction type. Try going to "Predictions" -> "New" and see if there's an option for "RSRQ" or "Cell Quality with RSRQ."

Software Version: There's a chance your version of Atoll might not have RSRQ predictions readily available. Check the software version and see if there are updates available that include this functionality.

phila63
2024-04-18, 03:35 AM
For LTE, select Coverage by C/(I+N) level (DL) then click OK , not calculate.
In the pop up box, go to the display tab and then select RSRQ from the Field drop down.

For MulitRat, select LTE, then Downlink Quality, then click OK , not calculate.
In the pop up box, go to the display tab and then select RSRQ from the Field drop down.

BrinkMudget
2024-04-19, 01:38 AM
Thank you so much! Just found so much more value with this tool. TBH I think I prefer it over Planet. Cheers guys.