PDA

View Full Version : drive test navigation android app - planned vs driven route - different colours

punto
2023-11-01, 04:31 PM
Hi,

need a little bit of help from experienced drive testers.
Have a tablet in car for navigation along the route
So far we use OSMand android app , in which it is possible to import planned measurement .gpx route and to have presentation of the GPS track (so called gpx trace..)
that presents movement/position of the drive test car.

App is really nice, but problem is that I cannot change colours between two gpx lines , meaning if the planned route is red , also the GPS trace is red, as well, so
it is really not possible to visually distinguish between planned and done route.

Is there an app that can have these planned and driven route in 2 different colours ?
For example to have imported planned gpx, or tab or kml planned route, in red colour and for the moving car position trace route to show it in blue colour , for example,
to be more exact.

I hope there is some free android app that can be used for this in described way.

Please help, it is ruther urgent :(

Best regards,
P:)

keysightseller
2023-11-01, 06:38 PM
Hi,

need a little bit of help from experienced drive testers.
Have a tablet in car for navigation along the route
So far we use OSMand android app , in which it is possible to import planned measurement .gpx route and to have presentation of the GPS track (so called gpx trace..)

App is really nice, but problem is that I cannot change colours between two gpx lines , meaning if the planned route is red , also the GPS trace is red, as well, so
it is really not possible to visually distinguish between planned and done route.

Is there an app that can have these planned and driven route in 2 different colours ?
For example to have imported planned gpx, or tab or kml planned route, in red colour and for the moving car position trace route to show it in blue colour , for example,
to be more exact.

I hope there is some free android app that can be used for this in described way.

Please help, it is ruther urgent :(

Best regards,
P:)

which app you used ? i think colour can change

punto
2023-11-01, 08:15 PM
Maybe is older version ... all gpx - planned route and live real time GPS position trace is shown with same colour, cannot distinguish them, or setup differently

Which app you use and how you load planned route - which format tab/gpx/kml ? and which is than format real time GPS trace ... I believe it is gpx if exported ... not so important :)
Important is , what are needs:

1) android app
2) free app
3) possibility to import planned route in gpx, tab or kml format and to choose which colour to use to present it ...
4) possibility to show real time GPS trace and to choose different colours

djcad
2023-11-01, 10:17 PM
We use Locus Map app and even if we don't pay it is really a good app.
This you can import kml files and change color on both imported and recorded route.
It has also Turn by Turn navi (have not tested in free version) from recorded routes
You can also use external GPS devices.
https://www.locusmap.app/

slava121
2023-11-01, 11:09 PM
What telecommunications software do you use for a test drive?

Maybe is older version ... all gpx - planned route and live real time GPS position trace is shown with same colour, cannot distinguish them, or setup differently

Which app you use and how you load planned route - which format tab/gpx/kml ? and which is than format real time GPS trace ... I believe it is gpx if exported ... not so important :)
Important is , what are needs:

1) android app
2) free app
3) possibility to import planned route in gpx, tab or kml format and to choose which colour to use to present it ...
4) possibility to show real time GPS trace and to choose different colours

punto
2023-11-02, 05:27 AM
thx @ djcad and slava,
Free Locus Map app works just like we need!!!
It will help to driver very much
br, P:)

slava121
2023-11-02, 02:57 PM
Locus Map app - это приложение для туристов или путешественников.
What telecommunications software do you use to analyze your radio network?

thx @ djcad and slava,
Free Locus Map app works just like we need!!!
It will help to driver very much
br, P:)

punto
2023-11-03, 03:29 AM
Locus map - great android mapping tool , to help drive test drivers to get around, thanks again
If there is another better, please, let me know - android/free/multiple layers to load in different colours
For the postprocessing - Actix/Nemo and some Mapinfo, Excel

slava121
2023-11-03, 02:16 PM
Hi. Understood. Good luck.