PDA

View Full Version : Question Forbid Pcell traffic

Tulipa
2023-09-08, 06:37 AM
Dears,

Could anyone of you tell me how to let only scell traffic on a given cell? i would like that my cell act only as Scell, i want to forbid it to be Pcell. I want to this on Huawei.

Thanks

xsdenied07
2023-09-08, 01:17 PM
Dears,

Could anyone of you tell me how to let only scell traffic on a given cell? i would like that my cell act only as Scell, i want to forbid it to be Pcell. I want to this on Huawei.

Thanks

To let only SCell traffic on a given cell

1. Log in to the Huawei RAN Manager.
2. Go to **Network** > **Cell**.
3. Select the cell that you want to configure.
4. Click on the **Advanced** tab.
5. In the **SCell** section, set the **PCell Allowed** option to **No**.
6. Click on the **Apply** button.

This will configure the cell to only allow SCell traffic. Any UEs that try to connect to the cell as a PCell will be rejected.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

* The **PCell Allowed** option is only available for cells that are configured as SCells.
* If you want to allow a cell to be both an SCell and a PCell, you need to set the **PCell Allowed** option to **Yes**.
* The **SCell** section also includes options for configuring the SCell bandwidth, power, and other parameters.

Tulipa
2023-09-13, 05:04 AM
thank you for your answer.Actually i found the solution, we should configure the cell work mode to DL_ONLY. it is the best way to make the cell scell only

To let only SCell traffic on a given cell

1. Log in to the Huawei RAN Manager.
2. Go to **Network** > **Cell**.
3. Select the cell that you want to configure.
4. Click on the **Advanced** tab.
5. In the **SCell** section, set the **PCell Allowed** option to **No**.
6. Click on the **Apply** button.

This will configure the cell to only allow SCell traffic. Any UEs that try to connect to the cell as a PCell will be rejected.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

* The **PCell Allowed** option is only available for cells that are configured as SCells.
* If you want to allow a cell to be both an SCell and a PCell, you need to set the **PCell Allowed** option to **Yes**.
* The **SCell** section also includes options for configuring the SCell bandwidth, power, and other parameters.