PDA

View Full Version : Question Selex VS3000-FPG2 configuration files upload via PRP software

Cane
2022-05-04, 05:16 PM
I have a new Selex VS3000 (with empty flash memory) to configure.
I have to duplicate configuration of an existing & working VS3000: I am able to connect via PRP software and upload data from the working VS3000, but I don't know how to upload boot/firmware/code files.

When I download the uploaded configuration to the new VS3000, I can only download 'data', and it doesn't work with FPG2. Is there any way to upload (or find, or generate) boot/firmware/code files to download together with 'data' via PRP software?

AnRegs
2022-05-04, 08:08 PM
If your radio is blank, you must have full set of files suitable for your radio (base, boot, DSP, etc.; totally 10 files or something). Do you have all of them? 'Data' file is only a few percent of data you really need to run the radio.

And what PRP version are you using?

Cane
2022-05-04, 09:41 PM
No, I don't have any of these files (Customer hasn't provide anything, just told to "replicate" the configuration of an existing VS3000): do I have the chance to upload any of them via PRP?

I'm currently using PRP version 9.29.0 B, but I have also versions 10.7.6 & 10.7.12 available.

AnRegs
2022-05-05, 01:11 AM
You cannot read out all of files from the radio. PRP allows you to read only 'Data' area what is something like customer's defined data. But not flash memory content.
Your customer must deal with SELEX (or some their advanced dealer) to get all the files first. This is the only way. Without these files SELEX radio is just a dummy box with lamps.
Also, may as I ask you to share all of PRP files you have (privately if you mind). These are rare and looks like not part of my SELEX collection.