PDA

View Full Version : Atoll - buildings vector

smartel
2021-02-09, 06:40 PM
Hi guys,
Can somebody help me with the steps to create a building vector (I know the coordinates, heights, dimensions).
There are few buildings in open space. I want take in consideration the shadowing and penetration loss for them.
Isn't a big map, only few buildings.
BR

slava121
2021-02-09, 06:59 PM
I answered you in a letter. Take a look.

Hi guys,
Can somebody help me with the steps to create a building vector (I know the coordinates, heights, dimensions).
There are few buildings in open space. I want take in consideration the shadowing and penetration loss for them.
Isn't a big map, only few buildings.
BR

dmitry28
2021-02-09, 08:00 PM
Usually I turn on the online map, then directly into the Atoll I click the create a new vector Layer button and outline the houses. I add the AGL column of the float type and then put the height in it. Then you can save the vector in the Shape or TAB format.

slava121
2021-02-09, 08:13 PM
In addition to the instructions from Dmitry: you can download OSM Data from https://download.geofabrik.de/, download data for the required territory in shp.zip format, take Buildings files from the archive, modify in MapInfo (set building heights) according to the method Dmitry. You will have a vector layer in shp format.
BR

smartel
2021-02-09, 08:21 PM
Thank you, I will try in this way and also with Slava hint.
BR