PDA

View Full Version : CUstomer lock his phone on UMTS

almoqbali36
2020-11-26, 03:43 PM
Dears
If the customer lock his phone on UMTS only and his phone support 2G/3G/4G, how ca I know if he locked his phone on 3G from Core or Smart Care?

macro
2020-11-26, 03:46 PM
Dears
If the customer lock his phone on UMTS only and his phone support 2G/3G/4G, how ca I know if he locked his phone on 3G from Core or Smart Care?

On our network we check this by billing system, where you can watch from which sectors call customer. In billing you will see that all calls only from 3g (that I possible in real 2/3/4g network).

almoqbali36
2020-11-26, 04:07 PM
On our network we check this by billing system, where you can watch from which sectors call customer. In billing you will see that all calls only from 3g (that I possible in real 2/3/4g network).

Dear
I can see he is only on 3G but is there any message indicate the function which he enable it in hi phone? on other words which layer 3 messages will indicate this capability?

macro
2020-11-26, 04:26 PM
Dear
I can see he is only on 3G but is there any message indicate the function which he enable it in hi phone? on other words which layer 3 messages will indicate this capability?

Sory, I dont know

djcad
2020-11-26, 09:47 PM
The UE Capability Information message tells what the UE is capable of.
If it's locked in 3G Only it should only tell the 3G capability

almoqbali36
2020-11-27, 12:17 AM
Dear
do you have some information about the capability message, because tried to compare between two handset one is locked on 3G and the other is not but I could not know how to trigger it....

djcad
2020-11-27, 12:37 AM
Dear
do you have some information about the capability message, because tried to compare between two handset one is locked on 3G and the other is not but I could not know how to trigger it....

It usually triggers when the UE is doing a network attach or when the phone is registering on the network.
A flightmode on/off should help trigger it.

macro
2020-11-27, 01:42 AM
It usually triggers when the UE is doing a network attach or when the phone is registering on the network.
A flightmode on/off should help trigger it.

So it is possible to make phone re-registr or reattach by mss and theoreticaly and then get this message

djcad
2020-11-27, 01:59 AM
So it is possible to make phone re-registr or reattach by mss and theoreticaly and then get this message

Not sure if that is possible.
I am not that familiar on what you can inititate from core on specific UE's

macro
2020-11-27, 03:39 AM
Not sure if that is possible.
I am not that familiar on what you can inititate from core on specific UE's

I dont know too, but can ask friend if it is will be Helpfull for almoqbali36

dekili
2020-11-28, 04:08 AM
You should be able to force subscriber (MSISDN) to specific technology. You can't see if subscriber has set 3G in his device as only technology. Usually there is 2G, 2G/3G, 2G/3G/4G. There could be a problem from the network side that doesn't allow subscriber to get on 4G. Also, subscribers, when they have poor 4G coverage and have some skills, set their phones to 2G/3G only. Only what you can do is track subscriber's mobility. If subscribers moves in larger areas and all cells are 3G than it might be locked to 3G but you wouldn't know the reason. You would need to check polices and see if there is a rule forcing device to 3G. If not, you can conclude that subscriber is forcing himself on 3G. If subscriber is not always on 2G/3G, rot doesn't move from home cell you can't assume that device is locked to 3G.