PDA

View Full Version : VoLTE Layering

ank707
2020-11-02, 10:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have something related to VoLTE layering strategy ? In a NW like 4 carrier, 2 2600, 1 1900, 1 700....how would you propose the LMS to be ? Steering more users towards lower carrier like 700 (high coverage, indoor penetration, better UL) or higher band like 2600 (quality layer ). What will be the advantages/disadvantages in your point of view ?

auto_art
2020-11-03, 02:53 AM
may be attached a help to you.

ank707
2020-11-03, 03:12 AM
Thanks a lot Polar. From your experience in VoLTE, what would you suggest; LTE700 or LTE2600 for VoLTE users ? What pros/cons do you think will come with them ? It would be great to know from your hands on experience.

agenov
2020-11-03, 04:17 PM
Thanks a lot Polar. From your experience in VoLTE, what would you suggest; LTE700 or LTE2600 for VoLTE users ? What pros/cons do you think will come with them ? It would be great to know from your hands on experience.

it is hard to tell because no one knows here your current network status just like bandwidth , mobility conception etc. As long as the radio levels are OK then you can use any of these Layers for VoLTE. Using specific layer only for VoLTE is another possible solution and widely uses by the operators as well under certain conditions and case by case.

auto_art
2020-11-04, 11:55 AM

yes lot of things may be on mind of senior experts. But for my self i will prefer carrier have better coverage and quality. I may not prefer high bands as they have shorter coverage and more handover will occur that effect quality. So may be only prefer midbands and low bands.