PDA

View Full Version : Lte attach being denied

auto_art
2020-07-28, 11:08 AM
Hello all

i am in a machine type lte network. It’s designed for only packet services. We are using samsung and lg phone to commission it and doing testing. So whenever ue sends request it always sending combined attach and network rejecting it as it doesn’t have cs service.

when I i force phone to lte only by going into hidden codes and selecting lte bands only it works. But we dont desire that It has hidden bugs if we force. Could anybody share any experience on this. Any parameter in core etc to be looked at.

TIA

live_energy
2020-08-25, 01:46 AM
Hello!

Try to set in HSS this configuration. This will be block CS registration during combine attach in LTE network.

MOD NAM: ISDN="MSISDN", NAM=NONE;

Network access mode:
Value:

BOTH: The subscribers can access CS, PS, and EPS networks.
MSC: The subscribers can access CS and EPS networks.
SGSN: The subscribers can access PS and EPS networks.
NONE: The subscribers can access EPS networks.

mandersen
2020-10-24, 06:57 PM
Hello all

i am in a machine type lte network. It’s designed for only packet services. We are using samsung and lg phone to commission it and doing testing. So whenever ue sends request it always sending combined attach and network rejecting it as it doesn’t have cs service.

when I i force phone to lte only by going into hidden codes and selecting lte bands only it works. But we dont desire that It has hidden bugs if we force. Could anybody share any experience on this. Any parameter in core etc to be looked at.

TIA

Those phones definitely appear to be what is described as "Voice Centric" devices in the standards. Such devices are required to detach from an LTE network once they determine that there is no way to do voice.

I am sorry but phones are simply not supposed to attach happily to LTE data-only networks.

PS: With some 4G cores you can fake the presence of working CSFB Voice service by enabling the SGs interface and making sure that interface stays up.

BR,
Michael A

auto_art
2020-12-12, 04:29 AM
Hello!

Try to set in HSS this configuration. This will be block CS registration during combine attach in LTE network.

Network access mode:
Value:

BOTH: The subscribers can access CS, PS, and EPS networks.
MSC: The subscribers can access CS and EPS networks.
SGSN: The subscribers can access PS and EPS networks.
NONE: The subscribers can access EPS networks.

What cORE hardware is this? we got Nokia.

auto_art
2020-12-12, 04:35 AM
Those phones definitely appear to be what is described as "Voice Centric" devices in the standards. Such devices are required to detach from an LTE network once they determine that there is no way to do voice.

I am sorry but phones are simply not supposed to attach happily to LTE data-only networks.

PS: With some 4G cores you can fake the presence of working CSFB Voice service by enabling the SGs interface and making sure that interface stays up.

BR,
Michael A

any workaround mate you may know? we got Nokia HSS