PDA

View Full Version : Original Cell Edge rate calulcations

auto_art
2020-05-04, 05:39 AM
Hello all

I am working on a new network that has non conventional setup!

Inputs I have is Total no. of UE and their services plus each service data rate per second. I also have the area of the state weher this network is beiong designed. I am now trying ot populate the Link budget(I have the excel based LB sheet).

I am strviing to calculate what is reaosnable cell edge throughput I should design the newtork with;, How much cell edge throughput rate would be reasonable? or is there a good way to calulate cell edge rate from the services and UE I have as input?

Nyquist
2020-05-04, 07:18 PM
Hi auto_art.
As far as I understand your question is related to transmission/backhaul question.
If so, cell edge rate is not considered when dimensioning your transmission network, as far as I understand.
It should be used the following instead:
- Average cell throughput during busy hour
- Cell throughput in a loaded network
- eNodeB throughput in a loaded network
- eNodeB throughput during busy hour

Bear in mind that I am not an expert in transmission dimensioning, and only this is my view as far as I understand transmission networks.
Hope it helps
Regards
Nyquist

auto_art
2020-05-04, 10:13 PM
Hi auto_art.
As far as I understand your question is related to transmission/backhaul question.
If so, cell edge rate is not considered when dimensioning your transmission network, as far as I understand.
It should be used the following instead:
- Average cell throughput during busy hour
- Cell throughput in a loaded network
- eNodeB throughput in a loaded network
- eNodeB throughput during busy hour

Bear in mind that I am not an expert in transmission dimensioning, and only this is my view as far as I understand transmission networks.
Hope it helps
Regards
Nyquist

no my question is for Air interface. e.g. a green field network.
no transmission.

Nyquist
2020-05-06, 01:54 AM
Sorry auto_art.
Maybe your question was not in the right place.
I will try to find some valuable information.

dekili
2020-05-06, 06:52 AM
@auto_art

You should give us more information - is it 4G or 5G? Is it TDD or FDD? What services are you looking to implement? What MIMO are you using? Please give us more details to help.
Here is a document that might help in case of 4G/FDD. Chapter 6 might be an answer to your question.

dekili

auto_art
2020-05-07, 02:05 AM
Thanks DeK for what you shared.

it is FDD LTE network. two channels 15 and 5 Mhz. its 70% M2M communication with a mobile edge computer that stays near to EPC and not on public internet and rest are normal UE.
these network would not have youtube usage etc as it only work network setup.

plannerguy
2020-05-13, 01:47 AM
Hi

Monto carlo simulation will provide info on cell edge speeds.

Regards
Plannerguy

electron
2020-05-21, 02:58 PM
Hello all

I am working on a new network that has non conventional setup!

Inputs I have is Total no. of UE and their services plus each service data rate per second. I also have the area of the state weher this network is beiong designed. I am now trying ot populate the Link budget(I have the excel based LB sheet).

I am strviing to calculate what is reaosnable cell edge throughput I should design the newtork with;, How much cell edge throughput rate would be reasonable? or is there a good way to calulate cell edge rate from the services and UE I have as input?

Hi,

For an existing network maybe you can use crowd source data and create and scattered plot of RSRP/SINR vs User perceived throughput then according to distribution and 95th percentile you end up with a reasonable throughput or define a target to achieve it . Hope it fives you an idea and a new vision.

B
R

auto_art
2020-05-23, 01:10 AM
seems like good idea. i have access to tutela.

auto_art
2020-12-12, 04:37 AM
so we settled cell edge rate as the service that would require the most BW, in our case it is a internal application pumping 1056 kbps every second.