PDA

View Full Version : LTE : UL throughput problem

rubensman
2018-10-02, 07:52 PM
Hi experts,

I am checking some benchmarking DTs from a Hauwei network.

There are 3 operators that are tested but the client is having reduced UL throughput due to fewer RB allocation (spectrum is the same for all 3) and high DTX values (low frame usage).

I think that the load the primary reason for this since MCS is good but they are arguing that these cell IDs are not loaded.

Do you any other idea why this might happen? Also, do you know of any switch/feature/parameter to improve LTE UL throughput?

Best Regards,
rubensman

BlackX
2018-10-02, 08:49 PM
You can use speedtest to check the UL performance is good enough as you expect or not ? Is it better than DT result ?

if yes, try to change the test server or test script such as : http to ftp , single thread to multi thread

if your test UEs is conned to laptop using USB hub, try just one UE connect to the laptop directly. Make sure No hardware or laptop loading issue.

rubensman
2018-10-02, 08:55 PM
You can use speedtest to check the UL performance is good enough as you expect or not ? Is it better than DT result ?

if yes, try to change the test server or test script such as : http to ftp , single thread to multi thread

if your test UEs is conned to laptop using USB hub, try just one UE connect to the laptop directly. Make sure No hardware or laptop loading issue.

Hi BlakcX, thanks for ur reply.

The tests were done for all operators with the same UEs and same arrangements. Also, there is a part of the measurements that is affected by bad performance RB and DTX wise. It does not affect all measurements.

husam
2018-10-13, 10:33 PM
Dear All,

UL THP is a major concern, The most problems are due to PIM and UL interference in Indoor and Load, Poor SINR in outdoor
For Huawei, activate PAMC feature eRAN12.1, it will improve UL THP by 15% at least

Regards,

ramboswrath
2018-10-16, 11:12 AM
is it TDD? How is it really bad (Kbps only?) what is the Subframe configuration if its TDD? Have you test UDP? There are UL Tput features license that H have.

ramboswrath
2018-10-16, 11:14 AM
Hi Husan,

Can you enlighten us that PAMC feature coz i remember a huawei guy told me that there is LTE feature that will help UL Tput

Thanks!

Dear All,

UL THP is a major concern, The most problems are due to PIM and UL interference in Indoor and Load, Poor SINR in outdoor
For Huawei, activate PAMC feature eRAN12.1, it will improve UL THP by 15% at least

Regards,