PDA

View Full Version : CA band combination from UE capability message

MaClaud
2018-08-29, 10:19 PM
Hi,
do you know some gadged for CA band combination parsing from UE cabality information message please? I need to get list of all supported bands and combinations but I don't wan to do it manualy because I analyze the new devices with many combinations and if I do it manuly it takes many hours one device.

thank you for your tips

BR

gunpowder
2018-08-31, 09:29 AM
Hi MaClaud,

you can use below capability parsing tool :)
http://niviuk.free.fr/ue_capa.php

MaClaud
2018-09-03, 07:44 PM
Hi, thank you for your answer but unfortunately I need it for all device, not just for qualcomm and intel based device. I test all kind of chipsets MTK, Shannon etc.

ash98
2018-11-12, 06:38 AM
MaClaud,

In this case 3GPP UE Release version maybe your best friend, that should give you UE capability for band combination in general. But please also note some of the 3GPP specific band combination may not be supported based on the carrier relation/configuration with the phone vendor. Good example is some network don't support B12+B5 CA on Apple and Samsung devices because a "carrier bundle" will be applied based on the SIM card you pop into the phone.

plannerguy
2018-11-17, 04:40 PM
Hi'

there is need of third party tools which could capture UE capability message and parse information. "xsight" will be a good option.

Rgds
Plannerguy